Projects Abroad Header Image Projects Abroad Header Image

Projects Abroad in Cambodia

Public Health- great experience, highly recommend

I would highly recommend volunteering with Projects Abroad. The in-country staff was amazing. They were incredibly helpful. This program is slightly more expensive than other programs but it is worth it. I did the public health project. We worked in the poor communities around Phnom Penh, along with several other communities around Cambodia. I mostly lived in the apartment in Phnom Penh which was very clean with excellent food. It was very fun living with all the other volunteers. I also stayed with a host family for a week which was a great experience, seeing how the Khmer people live by actually living with them. For another week I stayed with the conservation group on King Island. That was a different experience and gave a good all around view of the country. At times the scheduling could be a little disorganized but it worked out in the end. The program managers that we worked with in public health really helped us get hands on experience and teach us about medicine. You have to really invest in the program and you will get out what you put in.

• Projects Abroad responded to this review October 18, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Hi Katie! It's great that you got to combine 2 different kinds of programs in Cambodia and experience living with a host family and learning about medicine with the incredible nature and environment of Cambodia. Scheduling can indeed be a bit tricky with many volunteers arounds, but thank you for your patience and your feedback!

The International Volunteer Programs Association