Projects Abroad Header Image Projects Abroad Header Image

Physical Therapy Internships in Vietnam with Projects Abroad

Physical/occupational therapy with Projects Abroad in Vietnam

When I found the Projects Abroad website I began to email the program to ask questions. The website also has a lot of useful information that helped me make my decision to go to Vietnam to volunteer. Out of all the programs I researched, I chose Projects Abroad and to go to Vietnam because of the organization of the program and I wanted a lot of exposure in physical and occupational therapy and my placement was perfect for it.

I’m the type of person that stresses out about everything, but truthfully Projects Abroad made every single aspect of the program a smooth transition. Projects Abroad gives you access to your own webpage of things to do to prepare for the program such as a visa, basic Vietnamese words, places to travel in Vietnam, and what to do before, during, and after the program. Everyone that works for the program thinks of everything that you barely have questions.

My accommodation in Vietnam was set in two locations. The main volunteer house is set in the heart of Hanoi where I stayed during the weekend and my second accommodation is at the rehabilitation center and I stayed there during the week. The rehabilitation center is two hours away from the house in Hanoi, which is why rehab volunteers have two accommodations. I liked staying at the center because it was nice to get away from the loud busy streets of Hanoi a little bit and I felt I was able to make more of a connection with the kids that I was working with. Lunch and dinner are provided by the cook at both accommodations. During any free time especially over the weekends we were able to travel to other parts of Vietnam like Ha Long Bay.

The time that I spent in Vietnam, the people I met, and everything I have learned is an experience that I will always remember and cherish. I highly recommend Projects Abroad to anyone looking to volunteer abroad and especially Vietnam for a great rehabilitation experience!

The International Volunteer Programs Association