Medicine in Mongolia with Projects Abroad

Medicine In Mongolia

Attending the High School Special Medicine trip in Mongolia was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Projects Abroad is a fantastic program that exceeded all of my expectations. I gained immense insight in the medical field, attained wonderfully unforgettable memories, and formed life-long friendships with fellow volunteers. Airport pickup/return, a great accommodation at Zaya's Hostel, delicious meals, sense of comfort & safety, and many other important aspects of my trip were all exceptionally met by Projects Abroad staff. Although it was my first time traveling outside of the country and traveling alone, their staff made me feel at ease. If I am able to attend another trip like this in the future, it would be with none other than Projects Abroad. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Mongolia: All the Cold!

I stayed with a lovely family in Mongolia while I went to work at Shastin Central Hospital (Ulaanbataar). The family was so accommodating and open to me that I didn’t even want to leave. In fact, my host mother and sister regularly keep in touch with me! While they were the highlight of my trip, my time at the hospital was just as valuable. As a premed student, hoping to pursue a career as a physician in the future, I greatly appreciated the opportunity to talk and interact with the entire staff in the General Surgery Department. While watching some surgeries up-close, medical students and doctors would take us through the procedure to make sure we followed. It was definitely more educational than a textbook and this would have never happened for me in the U.S. I cannot thank the Projects Abroad Staff enough for helping me find this internship. They were very organized and on top of all the paperwork from the moment I applied. I would get consecutive emails from the staff constantly updating me on what travel documents I needed to information about my host family. However, there were things out of the staff’s control. For example, while shopping my phone was stolen. Fortunately, the staff was very empathetic and helped me get the appropriate paperwork together to claim insurance. Overall, I had an amazing time and would recommend this internship to anyone interested in traveling and gaining experience in their field as well.

The International Volunteer Programs Association