Medicine in Ghana with Projects Abroad

Winter Special Medicine Ghana Trip

I had so many expectations once I signed up for my trip to Ghana and Projects Abroad exceeded my expectations in so many ways. I had the most amazing time learning about the healthcare system, social life, and culture. The staff there was very welcoming and always provided an open atmosphere. It was great knowing that I always had protection and help at anytime.

The accommodations set up for me was also amazing. The host family was so welcoming and accommodating to the needs of the group. Since I was on the 2 week winter special, I even had transportation set up for me. The work we did was amazing as well. We did so many different things that allowed me to have incredible opportunities and experiences that I know will help me in my career in healthcare. I had no idea how much I would fall in love with Ghana. I would 100% recommended traveling with Projects Abroad.

Projects Abroad - Christmas Special

Spending New Years and Christmas in Ghana was the best decision I have ever made. It was an amazing feeling to be helping those in need while in another country and experiencing Medicine from a different perspective. I helped children, adults, babies and senior citizens and they were all so thankful for the work I was doing. Seeing leprosy patients to a kid who suffered from narcotizing fasciitis, my mind has expanded and I now have a different experience on life.

I not only got to immerse myself in the Ghanaian culture but I got to do what I love best. Pursuing a career in medicine, I got to experience how medicine works in another environment and setting. I had a diverse work schedule landing from working at orphanages to leprosy camps. The staff is really welcoming and they help you with any problems and concerns you have. The host family was very sweet and it well worth the costs.

I will be returning to Ghana in a few years.

2 Week Highschool Special in Cape Coast,Ghana

After a long first semester of my junior year, I decided I wanted to make a larger impact on a global scale. I always knew I was interested in medicine, but it wasn't until my trip to Ghana that my decision to pursue medicine was affirmed. The staff were welcoming and kind people whom geniunely adored Projects Abroad and the communal impact the program produced. The host family was extremely kind! I learned a lot about the Ghanaian culture from them. They taught me how to speak bits of the local language and some of the traditional cooking techniques! The highschool special for medicine was completely new, but I obtain NO complaints! It was fantastic! I got to do actual field work such as :dressing wounds, malaria tests, blood tests, and more! I learned about the local diseases and the cures, the hardships of the locals and their ways of surpassing the obstacles, etc. Projects Abroad planned the program efficiently which made me happy because there was less stress on my family and I.

The International Volunteer Programs Association