Projects Abroad Header Image Projects Abroad Header Image

Law and Human Rights in Mongolia

Great program for first time travelers and students

I was attracted to Projects Abroad by their program offerings, placement sites, and resources to connect their volunteers. They quickly processed my application, and once my first advisor was replaced, responded to all of my questions promptly and with knowledgeable answers. I felt very prepared for my trip and was excited to embark.

Once I got to Mongolia, their staff welcomed me warmly and made sure I had everything I needed. I felt supported and connected. Their check-ins throughout my time there ensured that my time was continuing smoothly. They were especially helpful in coordinating the forms I needed to fill out in order to receive credit at my university.

My placement was great. I learned so much that will prepare me for my future professional goals. While workplace communication was difficult because of the language barrier, my expectations were clearly laid out for me at the beginning.

Projects Abroad is also fantastic at connecting volunteers with volunteers. They plan multiple social events each month that are great at building community abroad and meeting new people. I met so many awesome people while volunteering abroad that I continue to stay in contact with.

The International Volunteer Programs Association