Academic Semester/Year abroad is suitable variant for people willing to achieve a high level of Russian Language and spend an extended period of time in St. Petersburg. Studying for a semester in another country can be a great cultural and academic learning experience. We offer you the opportunity of having academic semester course at our Centre. In the ProBa Academic Semester Abroad program, students become integrated into the way of life and culture of Russia. Students live with a Host Family and attend the Russian Language Course. The course includes serious study of different aspects of the Russian Language: Phonetics, Practical and Theoretical Grammar, Lexicology and Stylistics, and is accompanied by conversational, reading and writing practice.
- Elementary Russian I and II
- Russian for Beginners (no knowledge required)
- Phonetics; elements of grammar; reading of simple Russian prose; practice in speaking and audio-lingual work; elements of composition.
- Intermediate Russian I and II (elementary or intermediate knowledge required)
- Russian for Intermediate students. The grammatical structure of today's standard Russian; intensive practice in reading, conversation and composition; elements of lexicology, phraseology and stylistics.
- Special program
- Russian for Professionals (advanced and native speaker competency required)
- Theory and Practice of Translation; TORFL/TRKI certification (Teaching of Russian as a Foreign Language); practice of modern Russian language: study of the Russian prose, theoretical and practical grammar of modern Russian; Lexicology; Stylistics; Phraseology; introduction to life in Russia that studies politics, society, history and culture.
Our school is located in the historical building built in 1901, totally renovated in 2005. Located in the centre of St. Petersburg, not far from the famous Vladimirski Cathedral and within few minutes of Nevski Prospect, ProBa is one of the most central language schools in St. Petersburg. Learn to speak and understand Russian in a historical building in Central St. Petersburg - maybe the best location in the city for a language course! Walk to the Nevski Prospect, Kazan Cathedral, Summer Garden or Central Square in minutes! Russian in Russia is Russian in the old capital of Russian Empire - where Pushkin and and Dostoevski wrote and worked! Students are within easy walking distance of shops, museums, galleries and a wide choice of restaurants, bars and cafes.
However, our goal is to give the student more than just Russian Language Tuition. Founded almost 15 years ago, we comply with all visa requirements and offer the varied social life in a family atmosphere. For a serious language school in Central St. Petersburg, we offer low prices, plus a superb location. Whatever your reason for studying Russian our goal is to make sure that you enjoy your course and receive the maximum benefit from your time in Russia.