Premier TEFL students Premier TEFL students

Government Sponsored Cultural Exchange Program in China

This programme is cool

I have been in China two months now, and I can honestly say I have really enjoyed the experience. It's hard at first because of the language and cultural barrier, but luckily enough there was over 70 interns who started on the same day so we all had each other for support.

Once I started taking the mandarin lessons I found it much easier to communicate and make Chinese friends.

I am based in Xian and live in an apartment a short bus ride away from the school. The programme allows me plenty of time to socialise and travel as I am only teaching 15hrs per week. So far I have travelled to Hubei, Shanghai, Sichuan, and Fujian. China is an amazing place to travel the cultural difference alone is incredible.

My programme providers have even organised local trips for the interns so we can all get together, and have nights out, it's brilliant.

Awesome programme!

生活是

Thank you Rosanna, I am sorry for being nervous at first but you helped me so much I would have never of done it without you. I have had an amazing time. I would say to anybody that I had a fantastic experience in China. Love Sherry

• Teacher Support

This experience changed me personally for ever

To be given the opportunity to represent PremierTEFL as a cultural ambassador while gaining teaching experience was something I was not going to pass up. For those of you contemplating whether to apply for this trip, DO IT! You realize how much of teaching is based around cultural norms and by being able to understand this. My participation in this program has really helped my teaching career as well as making some great lifelong friends.

Teaching in China was amazing. The students are extremely polite and you may even experience a student thanking you for a lesson. Teaching a American-based curriculum to students immerses them in new ideas and ways of thinking and it is a treat to watch them grasp these concepts and apply them. Above all else, I came to understand that students are the same the world over. They want to be engaged and challenged in their lessons.

Personally I spent 4 months of my life learning and growing internally, you wont get this out of any text book, the experience has been invaluable and PremierTEFL professional in every way. It's a breath of fresh air dealing with a company like this.

• Teacher Support

Seriously this has been the best time of my life

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my time on this internship, and I felt so lucky with the group I was placed with, and the in-country coordinators we had. The internship has opened huge doors for me!
Not only has it given me the opportunity to teach within a safe yet challenging environment; it has also provided me with the opportunity to re-focus my life. My internship has given me something to smile about on a daily basis. Waking up at 6am is an absolute pleasure as I know I'll be seeing my amazing students. The friends I've made will last a lifetime.
The experiences we've shared together have been unforgettable. The staff at PremierTEFL and my internship, have been so warm and kind hearted - nothing was ever a problem. Thank you Rosanna you have changed somebody's life forever.