Volunteer at St. Lukes Mission Hospital
3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
all year through
* One with interest to work in a hospital environment is highly required because of the nature of this hospital. The hospital covers 50km radius and the only hospital nearby.
* One willing to learn more about health system in East Africa as well as challenges facing the medical fraternity in Kenya.
* One willing to work with the community because St. Luke's Hospital organises medical camps and does medical outreaches like immunizations.
* One with interest to do medicine in future can come and learn more about a hospital environment and see timeline.
* A nurse, a doctor, a pharmacist and midwifery are needed urgently.
* One with interst to learn more about tropical diseases in East Africa and have first-hand infrmation about malaria.
Cost in US$:
Cost of the Plumeria General Volunteer Program, Since most of our general volunteers are students we have reduced our incountry cost fees to be more affordable to all applicants. All the applicants pay a registration fee of 100 USD plus the Incountry Cost which depend with the period of stay. Here is the cost in weeks, 2 weeks costs 600 USD, 4 weeks 900 USD. For every extra one week of your stay from the two weeks cost you add extra 150 US dollars.
Program Fees Include:
* Pick from airport.
* Administration fee
* Food and accomodation at host family
* Pre-paration cost
* Mid evaluation cost
* Staff support
* Drop of at the airport/taxi
* Transport from the city to the work placement
* Day tour of the city on arrival
- Health Care
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi and South African Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network