plan Volunteering Nepal Header Image plan Volunteering Nepal Header Image

Volunteer in Nepal

Volunteering in Nepal

I visited the Nepal a year ago where I spent a couple of weeks during my volunteering on the beautiful village of Chitwan. I am so glad I incorporated those weeks into my trip as was such a rewarding experience and a chance to know the real Nepal. After spending a couple of nights in Kathmandu.We were headed to our homestay in Chitwan. I felt privileged to stay in their house and witness their way of life in only for a couple of weeks. In the mornings we were walking in the sunshine surrounded by trees being welcomed by the locals. At the time I was there I taught Basic English in Adharsha secondary school and the teaching staff were all just so adorable! In morning we would be playing and interacting with children and helping out with their daily feed. We also took them to the health centre for their regular weigh in. It was coming up to Christmas while I was there so we had a Christmas party one of the mornings, such fun! I will never forget their smiley faces. The children there were all so keen to learn and it was great to see their confidence grow in such a short space of time. The children were practicing for their school performance, so we got to watch their rehearsals, singing and dancing. Although quite a few hours a day were spent volunteering, you still had enough time to do as you pleased - great place to relax and unwind and everyone was so laid back. We had a few late nights playing cards or singing karaoke with the family however most evenings it was early to bed after dinner. We were really looked after by the family and the food was delicious. Weekends were free time so one weekend we had gone for dry picnic where we enjoyed talking to local peoples about their lifestyle. It was quite emotional having to leave, especially saying goodbye to the children. I would definitely love to go back one day. Although I was able to take a few books to the children I was quite shocked by the lack of equipment at the library of school. I hope they have since received further donations and am interested to help in anyway getting further supplies to them. I would say to anyone considering volunteering on this project, well any project, to definately give it go, you will not be disappointed from what you gain, these amazing memories will last forever. I met the most wonderful local people and the other volunteers I shared the experience with. A big thank you to all those involved in this project I am so pleased I could be a part of it!! Thank you.

Volunteering in Chitwan Medical program

I arrived to Khatmandu and was shortly introduced to Saroj. I would volunteer for the next couple of weeks in a clinic post in Chitwan. Saroj introduced me to nepali culture, showed me around the city and made sure I arrived without any troubles to my housing in Chitwan. He even helped me arrange my trip there so that I could do part of it by river rafting for two days. During my stay I was able to experience Nepali culture and observe how primary care is delivered. After my time as a volunteer finished I went trekking in the Himalayas and visited as much as possible of this beautiful country before returning back home.
Eduardo peters - Chiapas,, Mexico

why recommend pvnnepal??

This past summer, I spent 6 weeks volunteer teaching in a rural village school in Lamjung, Nepal! Just a handful from my 2000 pictures..
While there, I stayed with a Nepali homestay family and was completely immersed in their culture. I experienced the amazing food, saw a wedding, taught in a school and lived a rural Nepali life for a month and a half. I also saw elephants, many sacred sites aound Nepal, and the Himalayan mountains! The organization I volunteered through, PVN Nepal, and the organization leader Saroj Ghimire were very helpful and gave me an amazing experience in a country that is one of the furthest away from home.
For any interested, you can also volunteer in a Buddhist Monastary, Orphanage, with the environment, and much more! As they're a small company they founders will personally look after you, from airport pickup to training to your placement to departure!
PVN Nepal 10/10 do recommend