PINC International Header Image PINC International Header Image

Immersion Trip ~ Madrid, Spain ~ Winter Break

PINC Winter Immersion Program

This internship was a life changing experience. Going to Madrid alone was a big step for me, I love to travel, but I never went abroad without my school or a family member. I moved in with six other girls, who I have grown to love as my family and without them my trip would mean nothing. We took Spanish classes and workshop classes, which not only allowed us to familiarize ourselves with the Spanish culture, but it helped us learn to network internationally. For me networking is a big deal since I want to be in a Public Relations field. I got to work closely with a jewelry designer for Las Coronas. She was well known in NYC and her jewelry sold at high end retail stores like Bergdorfs & Saks Fifth Avenue. She taught me all sides of the business, from factory production to marketing her product. It was a great experience along side with my personal experience touring around Madrid and Segovia. I learned how to dance flamingo and learned the history behind tapas, which is like appetizers for them. This is an experience I would recommend over a million times, definitely a must !

The PINC experience

Words cannot express how much I loved being a part of the PINC Winter Program 2015. It was an experience of a lifetime and I enjoyed every single moment. The first week we took Spanish classes at La Adventura Española, one of the top 5 places to study Spanish in Madrid. The classes were insanely fun and interactive. Most afternoons we had free time to explore the city. Some of my favorite highlights of the program were the day trip to Segovia, rowing boats in Retiro Park, the Flamenco show, and wine tasting. Every day was a new adventure. The second week we had professional development workshops where we learned how to market ourselves, improve our resumes, and practice our interview skills. We learned about search engine optimization and how to create a LinkedIn account that stands out. I know the friendships I formed on this program will last long after the end of the trip. I am so grateful to have had this experience and would recommend this program to any girl in college who wants a fulfilling adventure in Madrid.

Loved it!

The winter program is a fantastic way to get to know Madrid, as well as a fantastic way to better yourself as a young professional. I learned more in the professional workshops than I have in any of my business courses in my university. The Spanish classes were so much fun! They were very small so therefore there was a lot of practicing what we learned in class which is essential to learning any language. The other activities that we did were an awesome way to immerse ourselves in Spanish culture in the two weeks that we had. I would highly recommend this program!

Winter Immersion Program Intern

I could not recommend this program any higher. It was the best decision and experience I could have asked for. There was a perfect balance between cultural and business activities, and living in a flat with seven other girls was better than I thought it was going to be. Unlike other programs, Lisette, the owner, holds your hand in the beginning to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Once you have your bearings, she balances the right amount of activities and networking events with free time for you to explore parts of the city you are more drawn to. There is also time on the weekends to travel and I recommend taking advantage of it!