Peru Volunteer Header Image Peru Volunteer Header Image

Sport Project – Volunteer in Peru and Learn Spanish!

Once-in-a-lifetime-experience

Review on 'Peru Volunteer'
Felix, 21 years old, german

Well, than here we go, the big adventure PERU.
After a lot of thinking I finally decided to sign up for Peru Volunteer to go with that organisation to Peru for 3 months. That was absolutely the right thing to do.

Before your trip to Peru, the organisation will help you with any questions. It is for sure a good idea to arrive one or two days early in Cusco to get used to the altitude and the new time zone. You will feel the altitude in the first couple of days.
You live in a cosy apartment in Cusco. Together with other volunteers you share the flat, which has dorms for girls and boys and a kitchen with everything you need. Spanish classes are great fun!
You are free to decide what you do after the classes. Mostly you do something with the other volunteers, for example sports, hiking, visiting some historical places of the Inkas or discovering Cusco's nightlife.

I can highly recommend to go with Peru Volunteer. I lived for three months in another world which is more dirty, more complicated and more confusing than I thought. But because of that and because of the people I met and got to know, I will surely never forget my once-in-a-lifetime-experience with Peru Volunteer!

Exploring life

Between February 2016 and July 2016 I volunteered for Peru Volunteer. I had an amazing time in which I got to know a lot of different people. Peru Volunteer gave me the chance to be active in several sport programmes. In the end I organised a Marathon, gave sport classes to first graders and I was responsible for my own football team. It was nice that I could partially decide how I wanted to spend my voluntary period. Peru Volunteer had the contacts and from there on I could decide in which direction I wanted to go with my Voluntary work. I appreciated that they gave me the foundation from which I could explore my own passions and preferences. Peru Volunteers staff takes time for personal contact. They organised one on one conversations with you in order to share expectations and discuss if you are still enjoying your voluntary period. All in all a great organisation if you want to get to know yourself better, meet new people and want to do good for the local communities in Peru.