Music students performing on stage Music students performing on stage

West End Musical Theatre Training Program in England

Loved it

Everything was great, I had an amazing experience. The organization was good and everyone in the staff was very nice and always available if I needed any kind of help. I'm also glad I was able to share the program with many talented and hard working people.

One of the best experiences of my life!

I was blown away with this program-especially the instructors hired through the West End on Demand program. I enjoyed the diversity of the students and the free time to see shows or explore the city in the evenings.

Great way to learn about the industry

I really enjoyed this program. You will learn a lot about the theatre industry and what it is actually like to work as an actor. It was incredible to work with actual West End performers and learn from their experiences. My favorite thing about this program, though, was going with a group of 9 other people and getting to know them over the course of the three weeks. You really become like a family and grow as performers together. It made the experience so much more worthwhile to come out of it with friends who share your passion for the art form.

West End On Demand

This was an amazing program. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in theatre. I learned so much valuable information and met some amazing and talented people. Experiencing London not only as a tourist but also living there was and being immersed in West End was amazing.

Such a great experience!

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip through PAA Abroad. In the week I attended the program, I absolutely felt like everything was being well taken care of for me. The program was well-organized and scheduled and allowed me the perfect amount of both independence and guidance. I was originally under the impression I would not have time for many activities outside of the program, but I was completely wrong, and even though I was in London for such a short time, I definitely feel like I was able to explore the city and get a basic feeling of what it would be like to live and work there. And of course, I made several amazing, talented friends along the way. It was an unforgettable trip that made me immediately want to fly back. This must have been the best week of my summer, and possibly of my 2015.

PAA West End on Demand

My time in London was absolutely incredible. I learned so much that I wouldn't have been able to learn back home or anywhere else. Besides doing what I love and working with professionals I also got to share my passion with the wonderful people I met through the program. Not only from the U.S, but Germany, Italy, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, Australia, and Hong Kong. Being able to have experienced so much in three short weeks was amazing and I encourage anyone interested to do it.

I never felt overwhelmed or left behind.

The great things from my experience were the friendships I found. The knowledge of the theatre in London verses NYC. And the confidence I gained through my classes.

The program itself was amazing

The program itself was amazing and there were only those little blips when i was applying/being accepted.

Learning about another countries professional acting venue was a unique opportunity. Getting training from professionals in the industry provided invaluable insight.

I didn't had any difficulties to integrate.

I think I learned a lot during the course and I improved my acting singing and dancing. I became very close to all of my flatmates and I had many occasions to visit the city and to discover different amazing places.

I loved every minute of the program!

I loved every minute of the program I was involved in. Reynolds made everything VERY clear.

We were all at very different levels in terms of our training and professionalism. It was wonderful seeing people who use theater as a hobby to really go out there and own it! For those of us who are very serious about pursuing this as a career path, we still felt challenged. It was a nice mix.

West End Summer Intensive

Was wonderful, but we all started off in different places. There was no advanced acting and the advanced singing and dance classes did not do too much differently. There needed to be a middle class as well.

West End Musical Theatre Program

I loved the program. I think it's off to a great start being such a new program. I learned so much about myself through the classes and through the other students. It truly was a life changing experience.

West End on Demand

I loved this program! While the classes, especially the acting and stage combat, could have been a bit more challenging, I adored the instructors and the program. The audition for the agent could have been more instructive, as she replied to every audition with "That was lovely". However, there was another audition workshop on the second weekend. This was probably the most important part of the experience for me. After a quick run of my song, they went back and worked on specific parts and gave me tips on how to walk in the room and attack and audition. The classes were held at Danceworks, which was a good 35 minute bus ride from our flats. This allowed me to be completely emmersed in the London culture, and by the end of the trip, I felt like a local and was even able to help tourists with directions. You MUST get a tube pass. Don't believe anyone who says different. A tube pass is essential to getting around London. I loved the flat, very cozy and the kitchen and laundry in the flat saved a ton of money. Be prepared for basically everything to be much more expensive in London than in the U.S. The only thing cheaper in London is theatre. I never paid more than £35 for a show with pretty fantastic seats, and I went a little crazy and saw 14 shows. This program is definitely a great way to get to know London theatre compared to American theatre. I highly recommend it!

Definitely recommended

I went to London for PAA's West End Musical Theater program for three weeks this summer. The actual program of classes is run by a separate company in England and the program you're actually attending in London is called West End on Demand. I highly recomend West End on Demand! The program is well organized, and your teachers are excellent, working professionals in the west end who all have amazing wisdom to share. The program takes you to see three shows for free and you're taking classes in studios where professionals are practicing and auditioning every day. For those traveling abroad to attend, West End on Demand will (for a significantly smaller fee than PAA) reserve you a room in a hostel to stay. Going to the West End on Demand program through PAA is nice because you have a support system right from the get go. They help you know what to pack and to prepare for in London, they pick you up at the airport and take you to your accommodation (which is significantly nicer than the hostel you'd get through WEOD), they prepay your oyster card (London public transportation travel card thing) for the first week of your stay and they'll take you on trips around London to places like Buckingham Palace and the London Eye so you get the whole London experience rather than just the West End experience. So if you are thinking about going to London for the West End on Demand program, here are your options...Book it cheaply through Rachel Bingham in London, stay in a hostel, and not have a group of people there to support you and help you make your way around a foreign country OR Pay a lot more, book it through PAA, and get everything that West End On Demand offers, a family of people that you meet in the airport and live with for three weeks, and extra help navigating London. Your choice. :)