Music students performing on stage Music students performing on stage

Dance Volunteering in Kenya

I'm crazy for Kenya!

The positive aspect of my experience were the people. No doubt. Can't really explain that one, but think it's the people that makes the country and I have fallen for Kenya like crazy. I am in love with this country and it is all thanks to all the wonderful, vibrant, colourful and happy people I've met.

The negative side would also be The people. No doubt. We met some of the worst people I've ever met in my life. Cheating, lying and just being really bad. And I have to say that these were mostly the people who weren't living in the slum but the people with money. And I know money ain't got nothing to do with how a person is, but I just felt like I had to make that clear. And also I have to make it clear that these people weren't that many. I am still crazy about this country and I wouldn't change this experience for anything in the world.

I have already recommended several of my friends to go and do the same thing I did, and I think several actually will do it in the future.

Met a lot of inspiring people

I learned from my experience that you really can help people with art. It can make people feel at home in themself. Also that I want to travel the world and try to make a difference to more people. I have learned a lot about myself and what I think is important in life and also how different cultures affect people.