Music students performing on stage Music students performing on stage

Arts Administration Internship in London

Music Admin. London - AMAZING

I could not have asked for a better placement in London. I was able to get experience in all aspects of the business, and manage my own projects. The people were friendly and really made me feel like a valued member of the team. I had an incredible time, and really made contacts that will help me for the rest of my career.

Gaining experience and knowledge

Everyone was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I enjoyed speaking with each and everyone of them to learn more about London and their own travel experiences. Maggie, as I said before, was very helpful in making sure that we all adjusted. I gained experience and knowledge and making connections with mew and interesting people in the Theatre Industry. I also enjoyed learning about the theatre culture in London.

Know the community of which you will be staying at.

Did not like the community I was living in, felt scared at night. Would have liked to stay in a more safer section of London. But overall, it was great living in London and learning more about the culture. In my placement, I learnt how to work and operate a sound mixer, and public communications.

Didn't enjoy my internship but living in London at an amazing time was amazing!

I believe living in a home with people I knew made my experience so much better. I felt so comfortable as if I were living with family and I believe this prevented me from being homesick at all throughout my entire stay. Most of the interns were pretty spread out around the city, so living in a home with a great community like I was put in made it an amazing experience.

Living in the city of London and getting to experience the overall culture of the country at an amazing time during the diamond Jubilee and the Olympics was amazing. Though my internship required me to sit in front of a computer the entire day was something that I did not enjoy.

I loved the theatre and the people at my placement!

The most important thing I learned from being an intern is to never say no to a good opportunity. I wish that I could have worked more closely with the actors and gotten the chance to perform. The challenging aspect of my internship was my living arrangement. I stayed in a school and it was very difficult to sleep because of the screaming children at the school. I also did not receive air conditioning, linens changed weekly, and dinner, which was to be included.

Technical theatre internship in England

I worked with very pleasant people in a fairly new arts centre, I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I think it's important to keep in mind that working in theatre is very hard and doesn't always have 9 to 5 hours, but it is very rewarding to work on something, to see it grow and eventualy see an end product that makes people happy. You will know what you did all that work for, and if you truely have a heart for theatre you will love it.