Schools Support in South Africa
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
year round during the 4-term school year
Every individual volunteer is matched to the needs of the project - we aim to put the right people in the right places at the right time!
While we acknowledge and welcome the individuality of each volunteer, there are some general approaches to volunteer placements which will help you to have the best possible experience. You will need to be:
* flexible and adaptable
* willing to listen and learn
* able to 'think on your feet'
* a team player
Cost in US$:
from 2363 for 4 weeks
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
4 weeks is an optimum length of time, but placements can be designed for as little as 2 weeks to a maximum of 3 months, according to volunteer input.
* Full board home stay accommodation
* Airport transfers
* Full local orientation, city tour, social event, local SIM card
* Project & placement liaison
* Daily transportation to the project
* Flights, insurance, visa costs, personal expenses such as phone calls, medical expenses, etc.
- As explained in the project details and description, a broad range of volunteer skills and experience are needed to support and develop local capacity.
Your placement will be individually designed to match your skills, experience and abilities with the needs of the project.
- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Computer Training
- English Teaching
- Health Education
- Pastoral Work
- Small Business Development
- Youth Development
While we acknowledge and welcome the individuality of each volunteer, there are some general approaches to volunteer placements which will help you to have the best possible experience. You will need to be: * flexible and adaptable * non-judgemental * observant * willing to listen and learn * communicative * pro-active * able to 'think on your feet' * a team player You will be helped by a healthy dose of stamina and a sense of humour!
volunteers must be over 18, but families with younger children can also apply
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Guest House
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home