Peas on Earth, South Africa Header Image Peas on Earth, South Africa Header Image

Wild Rides, Natural Horse RSA

Interesting work with horses

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was a really great experience for me. The work with the horses was very interesting, especially the join-up. I also liked the gardening work cause it was something that I've not done before. Lastly, I absolutely loved the food!

An amazing time at Peas on Earth

When I decided I wanted to volunteer somewhere in Africa and work with horses, I came across Peas on Earth. And I'm really glad I did. My time here was just great: we worked with the horses almost everyday, from schooling, to groundwork, to going on out rides in the beautiful area. All the horses have their own personality and therefore there's always one that suits you. But besides working with the horses, I also enjoyed helping in the vegetable garden, feeding all the other animals on the farm, and helping with projects for the community, such as painting the local school.
Nicky and Colin, the owners of the farm, are warmhearted and cool people. They are always active and always trying to make everyone's stay a pleasant one. Also they are great cooks, I loved the food here. When I was here, there were two other girls too, and it's just amazing that I met such nice people on my volunteer experience. We got along great and had so much fun working here.
I can only highly recommend Peas on Earth if you're looking for a peaceful place, where you will be surrounded by horses, goats, pigs and lovely people!