Peas on Earth, South Africa Header Image Peas on Earth, South Africa Header Image

Permaculture at Peas on Earth

Changing perspective

By coming here, I was supposed to do voluntary work to help with the horses and in the garden. However, this experience helped me much more than my hosts. I'm not talking about agricultural skills, neither how to brush a horse, but this experience increased me as a human. In my stay here, I've learned that we don't need much to be happy, and we also don't need lots of money to smile. Here I've seen people thinking about others instead of themselves, and also people helping each other without expecting anything in exchange. The project is wonderful and it only brings the best things from humans, like kindness, solidarity and the capacity to learn and teach. I hope that communities around here are able to grow with the things this project shows them and that this knowledge keeps growing and getting spread all over South Africa and the world. But what I really hope is that one day every single person all over the world smiles just the way I aw here.

Great gardening

I really enjoyed my stay and the work here. I came to this farm without much experience with garden work or anything around planting vegetables and I learned a lot while I stayed here. Colin has such a big knowledge about plants and everything around the eco-system so he can teach you a lot. Also the work with Nicky and the horses was a nice change from the work in the garden. During my stay, I met a lot of nice people including the owners and workers of the farm. It is a great place to stay and especially the evenings in front of the fireplace with pizza or other delicious food!