Pacific Discovery - Gap Year, Summer & Semester Programs Abroad Header Image Pacific Discovery - Gap Year, Summer & Semester Programs Abroad Header Image

Pacific Discovery South America Gap Year Semester

Experience of a lifetime in South America

Can not say enough great things about this trip. I went on the South America trip during the fall of 2016 to Peru and Ecuador. This program is a perfect mix of everything-- homestays, outdoors, city-life -- and I would not change a single thing. You will meet amazing people, both in your group (including the BEST instructors), and in the local communities. The instructors are extremely adventure-driven, and join in on the bridge-jumping, paragliding, and snorkeling with sea lions. I would never have gotten an opportunity like this elsewhere, and I feel much more prepared, and matured, for college. Trips like these really open your eyes to the world and make you realize all there is to live for around you. Unlike if you planned a trip yourself, or even with other groups, this trip let us be part of the community, rather than seeing the world from the outside as tourist.

Trip of a lifetime

My trip to South America with Pacific Discovery was amazing! I was able to meet many new friends from my group, as well as many inspiring individuals and families, while traveling through Peru and Ecuador. Pacific Discovery provided me with incredible opportunities such as learning to surf in the Galapagos, paragliding in the "adventure capital of Ecuador", hiking to Machu Picchu and so many more. What I loved about the program was that we were able to explore the places we visited, while also giving back to the communities that welcomed us. Along with many activities we did, we also took part in community gardening, cleaning up mangroves and beaches and a few other things. PD did an awesome job of putting together two months of travel, and I would definitely do another one of their programs!

Incredible Experience!

I love Pacific Discovery! They do such an amazing job at organizing so many different activities in a 2 month program. I got to see so many incredible things like Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca but we also volunteered quite a bit too. Those really made me feel like we were there to not only see the sights but give back and help out as well! Some of my favorite memories were while we were in Lake Titicaca at a school, I loved playing with the kids when we took breaks while volunteering. One thing that always makes these types of trips so fun is the people you meet in your group. It made every bus ride, bike trip and spanish lesson 10 times more fun. I made some really great friendships and had a great experience on this trip!