United States: Atlanta, Auburn, Austin and 86 other cities
Length of Position
Our highly trained, dynamic instructors focus on providing you with the practical classroom skills you need to become an effective ESL teacher. We cover a wide range of ESL teaching strategies. During our 100-hour course, you will be exposed to a variety of concepts which include: interactive language teaching; principles of second language acquisition; multiple intelligence theory; classroom management techniques; detailed lesson planning; long-term unit planning; how to teach oral communication skills; listening and comprehension strategies; creative ways to incorporate English grammar in a classroom setting; teaching across age and proficiency levels; teaching in a multicultural setting; testing and evaluating ESL students; and making effective use of ESL teaching materials and resources.
* Introduction to the Course/Materials/Assignments
* ESL Warm-Up Games and Exercises
* ESL Icebreaker Activities
* The Effective Learner
* The Effective Teacher
* Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in Your Classroom
* Introduction to Educational Theory
* Second Language Acquisition
* Teaching Across Age and Proficiency Levels
* Classroom Management Techniques
* Lesson Planning
* Living and Working Abroad
* Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom
* Teaching English Grammar
* Sample Grammar Lessons
* Teaching Vocabulary Techniques
* Teaching Speaking and Listening
* Teaching Reading
* Long Term Unit Planning
* International Trends in ESL Teaching
* Effective Cross-Cultural Relations
* Multiple Intelligence Theory
* Teaching Writing
* Teaching Pronunciation
* Teaching Idioms, Expressions, Phrasal Verbs, and Slang
* Organizing the Teaching Workload
* Conflict Resolution Techniques
* Teaching in a Multicultural Setting
* Lesson Coordination When Team Teaching
* Testing and Evaluating ESL Students
* Finding ESL Teaching Jobs
* Writing Resumes and Cover Letters
* Job Interviews for Teaching Positions
* Pre-Departure Planning, Culture Shock, and Adaptation
* Teaching Practicums
* Instructor Feedback and Peer Evaluations
* Effective Use of ESL Teaching Resources and Activities
* The Globalization of the Job Market
* Finding and Using ESL Teaching Resources
* Awarding of TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certificates
* Wrap-up/Important Questions
40-Hour Online Component
* The Role of the Teacher
* Applying Communicative Teaching Theory
* Fundamentals of Language Acquisition
* Creating Engaging and Educational Lesson Activities
* Practicing Lesson and Unit Planning
* Analysis of ESL Case Studies
* Reviewing and Applying ESL Theories and Concepts
* Comprehending Grammatical Structures
* Common Grammatical Errors and Misconceptions
* Teaching the Twelve Verb Tenses of English
* Creative Grammar Activities to Stimulate Communication
* Teaching Adverbs, Quantifiers, Gerunds, and Infinitives
* Critical Evaluation of Grammar Lessons and Materials
* Completion of a 100-Question Online Assignment
* Limited Class Size
In order to ensure a low student/instructor ratio, our course has a limited enrollment with spaces allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The small class size provides a comfortable setting with ample opportunity for you to interact with and learn the most from our highly qualified instructors.
* Our Experienced Instructors
Oxford Seminars maintains the highest standards for all of our course instructors. We only select and train the most talented and energetic instructors in the ESL teaching industry. Every member of our faculty has years of distinguished ESL teaching experience both in the US and abroad and firmly believes that teaching ESL provides an exciting and fulfilling opportunity for teachers and students alike. At the end of each and every course, our students are asked to evaluate our teaching staff. They tell us that they find our instructors approachable, highly knowledgeable, and able to teach difficult material in a dynamic, useful, and creative manner which facilitates learning.
* Interactive Teaching Practicum
Our certificate course includes several brief weekly assignments that help to reinforce the concepts learned in class. Students are also responsible for designing and presenting an interactive ESL teaching practicum. This practicum provides students with the ideal opportunity to practice many of their newly acquired ESL teaching skills.
* Graduate Placement Service
Available exclusively to our graduates, the Graduate Placement Service provides assistance with finding the most rewarding teaching jobs at ESL schools around the world. We have formed partnerships with many ESL schools worldwide that are searching for certified ESL teachers. Our Job Search Advisors provide timely job placement assistance to help make your experiences teaching overseas as successful and rewarding as possible.
* Money Back Guarantee
Our goal is to help you find an excellent ESL teaching job abroad and we reinforce this with our money back guarantee. Since 1992, we have successfully trained, certified, and assisted in finding employment for thousands of graduates. Some of the top overseas teaching destinations for our graduates have included: Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Czech Republic, Brazil, Mexico, and Costa Rica.
We are so confident in the training you receive in our certificate course that if you follow the unique employment process outlined in our program, apply for overseas teaching positions for which you are qualified, and are not offered a job within six months of completing our course, we will gladly refund your tuition.
* Free Information Sessions
In the coming months, we are holding Information Sessions on college campuses across the United States where you can learn more about our course and about the exciting opportunities to teach and travel abroad. These free Information Sessions will help to answer all of your questions regarding teaching English overseas.
* Our Commitment to You
Oxford Seminars provides excellence in teacher training at an affordable price. We offer high quality instruction for students who want to invest in their future. Oxford Seminars has a reputation for ensuring student satisfaction. When asked to evaluate our course, over 98% of our students say they would recommend us to their friends.
Oxford Seminars courses are conveniently held at college campuses across the United States, the course content is taught at a first-year college level, and you must be at least 18 years of age to attend. Our course is designed for anyone who is interested in the exciting opportunity to teach English in an international setting.
Whether you are still in school, have just finished school and are unsure of which career path you should take, or have been in the work force for a number of years and are looking for a change, the course curriculum is designed to accommodate your needs. Upon completing the course, you will receive an internationally recognized certificate, which demonstrates to employers that you are familiar with both the theoretical approaches as well as the practical techniques required to be a successful ESL teacher. Many Oxford Seminars students who begin their job search during the course receive interviews and offers for full-time teaching positions before the course is over.
100-hour TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course, course materials, ESL teaching resources, full access to our English Language Schools Directory, and our Graduate Placement Service.
Established in 1992, Oxford Seminars offers the most effective and up-to-date TESOL/TESL/TEFL certification course available. While our course is offered locally, our training enables students to broaden their knowledge globally. We pride ourselves in our commitment to ensuring your personal success no matter which path you choose. Whether you are still in school, have just finished school, or have been in the work force for a number of years and are looking for a change, the course curriculum is designed to accommodate your needs. Oxford Seminars offers an opportunity to teach and travel in countries around the world. Upon completing the course, you will receive an internationally recognized certificate and access to our unparalleled Graduate Placement Service. Many Oxford Seminars students who begin their job search during the course receive interviews and offers for full-time teaching positions before the course is over.