Veterinary Volunteer Work Placement
Ghana: Humjibre, Accra, Akontombra Nkwandum and 16 other cities
7-12 Months, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
No qualification is required BUT you must be a student studying Midwifery to be an elective volunteer in Ghana.
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
The participation fees covers the following:
1. Airport pick-up and transportation from Accra to your project sites
2. Three times daily local dishes.
3. Introduction to host family and program
5. Placement and supervision in program
6. Medical Assistance
7. 24/7 Hotline for support
8. Recommendation Letter / Certificate
9.In country introduction/orientation
10. Regular Culture/Recreational Activities (Personal spending not included)
What fee does not cover?
1. Traveling on weekends to tourist attraction centers and entering fees for any tourist place/ hotel accommodations
2. Smoking /drinking and clubbing
3. Air ticket
4. Transportation from host family to project
5. Damage to or loss of luggage (baggage) - property.
7. Internet access
9. Meals outside host family
10. Phone calls
11. Medical bills
- Animal Welfare
- Veterinary Science
You will work 5 days a week, leaving you two free days (Saturday & Sunday) to explore the area. You'll work between 3 to 9 hours per day. Once a volunteer has registered, they will work out a schedule with one of our program coordinators that meets both the volunteer's and program's needs.
You must be 15 years or older
This Program is open to
American, European, Canadian, Australian, South African, Kiwi, Worldwide and Asian Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Independent living
- Group living
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2-10
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
At least 7 working days