Our Generation Voluntary Organisation Header Image Our Generation Voluntary Organisation Header Image

Coach Children Football in Ghana

Coaching football in Kumasi

Hello everyone,
I'm Robin, an international volunteer from the Netherlands. I volunteered for 2 weeks in Kumasi, Ghana doing teaching and coaching football to children. I really enjoyed my time in Ghana doing voluntary work! My host family were very nice, caring and helpful people, I never hesitated to talk to them about anything. Their kindness I sincerely appreciated. The work I did, I really loved and I looked forward to going to work everyday because I knew that every day would be a good day. The children really appreciated me being there and respected me very well. I am very passionate about football and also working with children, so this program was a perfect fit for me. I experienced the great Ghanaian culture through visiting museums and places during weekends, eating from the lovely Ghanaian cuisine but mostly through the very friendly people! I have also made good friendships whilst being here with the school staff, the school children, my host family and also my resourceful OGVO guide. To sum everything up, I would just like to say that it was an amazing, unforgettable experience for me and that I highly recommend volunteering through Our Generation Voluntary Organisation to all people looking to volunteer in the great country of Ghana.