Israel Way / Oranimhttp://www.destinationisrael.com/free-elia...
11 Ha'avoda st. Second floor Rosh Ha'ain, 48017 Israel
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year
several start dates every year
Israel Way/Oranim's Eilat Hotel Experience provides you the opportunity to earn valuable experience in the hotel and tourism industries while living and playing in Israel's resort city. Oranim partners with leading hotel chains in Eilat to provide participants with internship placements. Rotate among a series of positions in your hotel and get a broad perspective of hotel operations. Take course in "Intro to Hospitality" from Ben Gurion University's Eilat campus.
Participants on Israel Way/Oranim's Eilat Hotel Experience program will start from the bottom working their way up. Most participants will begin their internship in the food and beverage department of the hotels as a busser or server. Those with more advanced Hebrew may be able to work in guess services.
Participants enjoy activities that not only cultivate their knowledge and experience in the hotel and hospitality industry, but help them to dive in and deepen their connection to the land, culture, and people of Israel.
All participants on Oranim's Eilat Hotel Experience program get to enjoy the following core components:
- Quality Living Arrangements: Participants live in fully-furnished apartments staff apartments from the hotels, two to a room, four to an apartment.
- Meaningful Service Opportunities: Participants will volunteer 4 hours per week tutoring English to youth in the community. Additional options may be available according to the needs of the community.
- Learn and Use Hebrew: Participants attend between 75 to 175 hours of Hebrew ulpan - learning practical Hebrew that can be used during all of their daily activities.
- Trips & Special Excursions: Participants will enjoy educational excursions throughout Israel - exploring Israel's truly unique cities through 10 days of trips.
- Host Families: Participants are offered to be paired with an Israeli host family with whom they can enjoy Holidays, Shabbat dinners and family outings with.
- Educational Enrichments: Learn about topics related to Israel including culture, politics, religion, Zionism, current events, Hasbara (speak for Israel) and leadership from your program guides and outside lecturers.
Program participants must be Jewish, English-speaking, between the ages of 18-35, have not been on an organized long-term program since September 2004 and have graduated high school by the program start date.
0 - USD 3,000
USD 1,200 - 2,300 provided in monthly stipends
Oranim, helping you experience a fantastic and meaningful journey with many unique programs in Israel. Use your passions and talents to inspire and to serve Israel. Through our various programs in Israel, you can become part of an Israeli community, living among friends who share your adventurous spirit and desire to give. You can learn to speak Hebrew like a Sabra, explore Israel like never before, and make life-long friendships. Our most important goal is being able to create a meaningful and special experience in Israel for everyone, in every age group. Oranim's programs in Israel give you the opportunity to experience life in Israel, while learning and broadening your horizon with the Israel society, by enjoying the wonderful and beautiful places. With a variety of different experiences and programs, such as Volunteering in Israel, Interning in Israel, or simply Studying in Israel, you will emerge with a sense of personal growth all while making meaningful contributions and working side-by-side with Israelis.
The Eilat Hotel Experience for me was, at first, a way to get away from my life for 6 months,. It turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. I originally was planning on returning t...More
Did you participate on a program with Israel Way / Oranim?
Share your thoughts!