NovaMova Study Abroad Programs  Header Image NovaMova Study Abroad Programs  Header Image

NovaMova Russian Language Program in Odessa, Ukraine

Odessa - Pearl at the Black Sea

I stayed one month at NovaMova Language School in Odessa. The school itself is located a few minutes away from the Opera house and Deribasovskaya Street – in the very center of Odessa. I was a complete beginner and wanted to get in touch with the Russian language and the Ukrainian culture. I had that amazing possibility with the great NovaMova school. The school program itself was very well organized with a tight schedule in the morning and early afternoon (you can choose your schedule a bit yourself) and some nice chosen cultural excursions with sightseeing tours, wine tasting in a vineyard and even a live concert of Ukrainian’s most famous band at Odessa’s famous football stadium. A big thanks to all the staff who made my stay unforgettable – most of all my great teachers, hard-working and with a high academic standard (one oft he teachers even wrote a grammar reference book!). The lessons were always interesting and diversified between theoretical explanations, grammar exercises and of course many different texts to get to know a lot of new useful words. At the end of each day we often saw some short movies or cartoons for children – most oft them pretty famous in the Russian/Ukrainian Culture.
Overall Odessa is an amazing city with a lot of things to do: you have the blue sea with it’s beaches and clubs or the famous port. On the other hand you have Odessa’s rich cultural life with it’s Opera House and lots of concerts and cultural events going on all the time (I remember Odessa’s Film Festival). Anywhere you go – people are helpful and friendly.
So – don’t hesitate to book your next Russian course at NovaMova school with it’s amazing staff. Hope to be back soon.

Learning Russian in summer in Odessa

I live in Spain. I have been studying Russian for 3 years now. The breakthrough came in Odessa. I took private classes during my summer vacation at Nova Mova School, Odessa. I made very quick progress. This type of classes is extremely efficient. My Russian level improved very quickly. The school is also very efficient in providing you accommodation and help in whatever you need. The school found a very comfortable and beautiful apartment for the time of my stay. Everything was nearby: the Market, the City Center, shopping malls, nice parks to walk... Everybody is very friendly and the learning environment ideal. I also enjoyed our excursion to the catacombs very much. On top of that Odessa is a gorgeous city: great beaches, very beautiful buildings and great climate. Prices are not high at all. Nova Mova in Odessa is ideal to learn Russian and relax at the same time. You can do your homework on the beach or in a nice park. I really felt very good and relaxed there and I'm very thankful for that. I absolutely can recommend the school and the city.

Odessa + NovaMova the best combo to learn Russian

I spent two weeks in Odessa, having 4 hours private lessons a day at NovaMova Language School. It was my best Russian language course experience so far !! When I was looking for a school, I considered several options in Moscow or St Petersburg and even other schools in Odessa. First I choose Odessa against Moscow or St Petersburg because of the mild weather - even late September, early October I had two weeks of fantastic sunny weather. And also because Odessa is a human-sized city so nicely located by the sea. The city is even more beautiful and enchanting than what I expected. Second I choose NovaMova School because in comparison with other schools, the staff was very responsive and helpful when I contacted them and during the several email exchanges we had to organise my stay. It made a very good impression. One of my requirement was to stay with a family with whom I could share the daily life and taste the local cuisine. My host-family simply exceeded my expectations ! Such a friendly family and the hostess is a fantastic cook. So on top of Russian classes I had great Odessa cooking lessons !!
What I really appreciated during the course is that the teachers are very well trained (academic background) and very patient with beginners like me (A2 level) when I try to express myself in Russian. I improve a lot my Russian vocabulary, my oral skills and also grammatical subtleties that I never understood before.
The teachers and the host family where also very helpful and supportive to make my studious holidays a great time. I have been to the Opera, to yoga classes, to the local food market... I had a guided tour in the city, went almost every afternoon for a walk in the city and went to the beach... I would also strongly recommend the excursion to the Shabo winery.
Well, in a few words, I can’t wait for next year to be back in Odessa, and take again courses at NovaMova Language School !!

• The Campus

Focus on language and culture in the beautiful city of Odessa

Having a 2A level in Russian I meant to improve my conversation skills in an attractive city. From various language schools I have chosen NovaMova because it made overall the best impression due to its organisation and professional approach. I stayed in a hotel and I booked 2 weeks with 20 academic hours ea. In the hindsight I would rather split the 4 daily hours in 2 morning and 2 afternoon lessons, as the efficiency starts to decrease after 2 hours. My teacher with university background really challenged my skills and deepened the grammar where needed. Not only did I improve my Russian but did I learn a lot about the city, its inhabitants and their humour. Thanks!
Visiting twice the Opera and the Philharmonia, strolling through the city with beautiful buildings (yet some restoration needs to be done) and many excellent restaurants were highlights of my "cultural" stay. A trip to the Shabo winery and Akkerman fortress completed it. I shall recommend NovaMova and come again.

• The Campus

NovaMova is the best in Ukraine!

I had a chance to attend NovaMova,Odessa for the two weeks period in the summer of 2016. Individual courses taken for 22 hrs a week lasted for 2 Weeks from private Russian instructors. Mostly focused on advanced Business & Gramatical Russian.Since I was a Russian Language study expert ( overall 8 Years) and being studied&lived in other Russian speaking countries, I kept my expectations in reasonable manner before I stepped in the school. Despite my short term study&stay in NovaMova, Odessa, my achievement was incredible at the end of two weeks time frame. My private instructor and staff were very friendly performing a full support to improve my Russian Language skills as well as my social life during my stay in Odessa. Everything was planned & established very professionally. On the other hand, to be honest, Odessa is an unique city in Europe to benefit from all in terms of cultural & touristic activities having numerous of operas,ballet and fancy beaches, not to mention the moderate climate. As a conclusion, If you are serious and eager to learn Russian specially for the beginners, NovaMova Odessa will be the right place for you. Hope to be back in Odessa and NovaMova at the soonest.