NovaMova Study Abroad Programs  Header Image NovaMova Study Abroad Programs  Header Image

NovaMova Study Abroad Programs

Verified

NovaMova Study Abroad Programs Programs

Ukraine

NovaMova Russian Language Program in Odessa, Ukraine

In the summer of 2016 NovaMova Russian Language School in Odessa is hosted by a unique, new and conceptual Educational Hub. It provides a warm, inviting atmosphere where

Ukraine

NovaMova Russian Language Program in Kiev, Ukraine

NovaMova is proud to offer you our well tested Russian language immersion programs that will involve you in using your speaking skills actively, in the classroom environment...

Multiple Countries

Conflicts and Policy in the post-Soviet states

This semester course introduces the general theories of conflict and conflict resolution, augmented by intensive Russian language study. The case studies focus on the conflicts...

Georgia

NovaMova Russian Language Program in Batumi, Georgia

The NovaMova Program in Republic of Georgia combines effective Russian language learning with unforgettable experience that exposes you to Georgia’s diverse cultural and...

Moldova

NovaMova Russian Language Program in Chisinau, Moldova

The capital of Moldova will charm you with its Southern European feel. Many people there speak fluent Russian, so you could practice your language skills just like in Moscow. Moldova...

NovaMova Study Abroad Programs Reviews

9 / 10

Odessa + NovaMova the best combo to learn Russian

I spent two weeks in Odessa, having 4 hours private lessons a day at NovaMova Language School. It was my best Russian language course experience so far !! When I was looking for a school, I considered several options in Moscow or St Petersburg and even other schools in Odessa. First I choose Odessa against Moscow or St Petersburg because of the mild weather - even late September, early October I had two weeks of fantastic sunny weather. And also because Odessa is a human-sized city so nicely located by the sea. The city is even more beautiful and enchanting than what I expected. Second I choose NovaMova School because in comparison with other schools, the staff was very responsive and helpful when I contacted them and during the several email exchanges we had to organise my stay. It made a very good impression. One of my requirement was to stay with a family with whom I could share the daily life and taste the local cuisine. My host-family simply exceeded my expectations ! Such a friendly family and the hostess is a fantastic cook. So on top of Russian classes I had great Odessa cooking lessons !!
What I really appreciated during the course is that the teachers are very well trained (academic background) and very patient with beginners like me (A2 level) when I try to express myself in Russian. I improve a lot my Russian vocabulary, my oral skills and also grammatical subtleties that I never understood before.
The teachers and the host family where also very helpful and supportive to make my studious holidays a great time. I have been to the Opera, to yoga classes, to the local food market... I had a guided tour in the city, went almost every afternoon for a walk in the city and went to the beach... I would also strongly recommend the excursion to the Shabo winery.
Well, in a few words, I can’t wait for next year to be back in Odessa, and take again courses at NovaMova Language School !!

Program: NovaMova Russian Language Program in Odessa, Ukraine

10 / 10

Study Russian with NovaMova

I can only recommend the school! The organization is excellent, everybody was very friendly and flexible. The teacher was great, always helpful and her methodology is also super! I also had luck with the team, we had similar interests, so we had interesting conversations during the class and also afterwards. My host family was also near to the school and we had a nice time together. I would of love to stay even longer... I would like to recommend Kiew and NovaMova to everyone who needs Russian for his/ her professional life or just simply wants get out of routine and see a different place!

Program: NovaMova Russian Language Program in Kiev, Ukraine

10 / 10

Odessa - Pearl at the Black Sea

I stayed one month at NovaMova Language School in Odessa. The school itself is located a few minutes away from the Opera house and Deribasovskaya Street – in the very center of Odessa. I was a complete beginner and wanted to get in touch with the Russian language and the Ukrainian culture. I had that amazing possibility with the great NovaMova school. The school program itself was very well organized with a tight schedule in the morning and early afternoon (you can choose your schedule a bit yourself) and some nice chosen cultural excursions with sightseeing tours, wine tasting in a vineyard and even a live concert of Ukrainian’s most famous band at Odessa’s famous football stadium. A big thanks to all the staff who made my stay unforgettable – most of all my great teachers, hard-working and with a high academic standard (one oft he teachers even wrote a grammar reference book!). The lessons were always interesting and diversified between theoretical explanations, grammar exercises and of course many different texts to get to know a lot of new useful words. At the end of each day we often saw some short movies or cartoons for children – most oft them pretty famous in the Russian/Ukrainian Culture.
Overall Odessa is an amazing city with a lot of things to do: you have the blue sea with it’s beaches and clubs or the famous port. On the other hand you have Odessa’s rich cultural life with it’s Opera House and lots of concerts and cultural events going on all the time (I remember Odessa’s Film Festival). Anywhere you go – people are helpful and friendly.
So – don’t hesitate to book your next Russian course at NovaMova school with it’s amazing staff. Hope to be back soon.

Program: NovaMova Russian Language Program in Odessa, Ukraine

8 / 10

Have an open mind

I attended the NovaMova school in fall of 2015 and still think about it every day. At first glance, there doesn't seem to be anything special about this program; in fact, you're probably thinking that you can travel and learn Russian in Russia, not in the tiny country of Moldova. But by living in Moldova, you are able to experience a section of the post-Soviet world through a unique lens. Moldova has its problems, especially with Russia, but the main thing that's different about Moldova is that its people and culture can't be defined by one set of rules or stereotypes. Romanian, Russian, and Ukrainian cultures all mix together to create a Moldovan "culture"; you can eat mamaliga (famous Romanian/Moldovan food) and then order a side of borsch (famous Russian soup) while hearing Russian, Romanian, AND English spoken all around you. And because of this, there isn't one, distinct, point of view about anything in Moldova. Whether that be Romanian unification, the Russian sphere of influence, the annexation of Ukraine's Crimea, or NATO/EU membership, you get to see every culture represented in these arguments and hear, first-hand, stories about why one culture is better than another or why one country is better; it's truly fascinating.
Aside from Moldova, the program administration is fantastic. Inna is the guide that travels throughout all of the destinations with you and she is absolutely amazing. She speaks about fifteen thousand languages (not really, I think it's only five, but that's still more than most people in America) and has an astonishing capacity to plan out details and support everyone on the trip. Also, she's one of the funniest people you'll meet; I still remember going to this Italian restaurant with her in Moldova and just laughing about everything. Haha. She's supportive if you need help, she reminds you about important events, and she asks about you. She makes you feel like you're not alone, even though you're 10,000 miles away from everything and everyone you know and love. Honestly, without Inna, my experience would've been completely different, and I don't think I would've enjoyed it as much as I did.
To finish up, this program is amazing, but you'll only get out what you put in. If you immerse yourself in the language and culture, refuse to speak English (even though you'll look pretty stupid at the beginning), and have an open mind about the people and the environment, you'll see parts of yourself you didn't know existed and you'll never forget those few months you spent in a little country, that few even know of, with a hilarious Ukrainian woman by your side.
If you do this, I promise you won't regret it.

Program: Conflicts and Policy in the post-Soviet states

9 / 10

• The Campus

Novamova - russian in a relaxed atmoshere

I came back to Nova Mova this year for another 2 weeks of "Bildungsurlaub", and , again, I felt immediately this friendly school atmosphere, which helps a lot in learning. My teacher, of course, was challenging her students constantly, I could learn a lot. Peer conversation support was very special, too. There were films and after school activities. I d love to come back, the school is value for money.

Program: NovaMova Russian Language Program in Kiev, Ukraine