This Internship Program consists of 2 phases: minimum 4 weeks of Standard Portuguese language followed by the internship placement.
The Internship Period:
Professional practice internships are offered in private sector companies, governmental organizations, NGO's, schools, colleges, and universities. The work period may start from 2 months and run up to 12 months.
The language skill is an important factor. The more limited the student's language abilities, the flexible s/he will have to be in terms of placements. We try very hard to match the students' educational background, professional experience, and professional plans, to the internship placement. We contact the student (by e-mail or in person) with one or more possibilities, and descriptions of those internships, and ask the student for comments and to rank the possibilities in order of preference. This helps us ensure appropriate placement. The interviews can take place during the time the student is studying Portuguese.
* Customized to meet your needs
* Lowest Price Guarantee - Best programs at the best cost!
* College Credits available for courses taken
* May choose to take rotate between different cities during course
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year, May Term
All Year Round
** PAYMENT PLAN options available for qualified applicants.
- Young adults, Age 18 - 30 yrs
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Fluent in a language other than Portuguese (Positions for fluent English-speakers are more readily available)
- Minimum required Portuguese level: intermediary - high (There are language courses offered to improve your language skills)
- Web Design
- International Trade
- Engineering (Electrical)
- Fashion Business
- Culinary Arts / Cooking
- Music Business
- Animal Sciences
- Zoology & Wildlife Sciences
- Public Admin, Public Pol, Govt
- Political Science/Politics
- Physical Therapy
- Museum Studies
- Marketing, Ad, PR
- Liberal Arts
- International Relations
- Information Systems
- Graphic Design
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Management
- Engineering (Mechanical)
- Engineering (Chemical)
- Computer Science
- Business Admin, Management
- Agricultural Sciences
- Admin (Recreation, Parks)
- Admin (Hospitality, Sports)
Cost in US$:
Please contact us for detailed pricing.
Program Fees Include:
Course, materials, placements, advisement.
Interns will receive a stipend to cover local, daily expenses. Some companies may also provide benefits to cover local transportation or meals. Participants should not expect to gain a lot of money during the stay. The monthly minimum wage in Brazil is RD 510,00. Stipend amounts vary from position to position.
This Program is open to
Asian, Worldwide, Kiwi, South African, Australian, Canadian, European and American Participants.
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 3+
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Written Application