The dQ Internship Program consists of 3 phases:
* 1st: minimum 6 weeks of Intensive Spanish language (available in Seville, Salamanca, Madrid and Barcelona).
* 2nd: the Professional Orientation course (available in Madrid and Barcelona).
* 3rd: the internship placement, lasting 3 months (available in Madrid and Barcelona).
I Part - Course:
The length of the Spanish-language portion will depend on your starting point and how quickly you can acquire the needed fluency. Written skills test and additional ones will be used to monitor your progress administered to judge readiness for the work period. In order to qualify for the internship placement you must have a high intermediate level of fluency. The minimum length for the Spanish course is 6 week. It is available in: Seville, Salamanca, Madrid, and Barcelona,
II Part: Professional Orientation Course:
The professional orientation portion takes places in Madrid or Barcelona to facilitate placement interviews. It is a 2-week course aimed at learning about the Spanish business world. Having a working knowledge of business argot is an important step towards success in the interview and work phases: This is why both the language study and the professional orientation courses are required before work placement.
III Part: The Internship Period:
Professional practice internships are offered in private sector companies, governmental organizations, NGO's, schools, colleges, and universities. The work period will be of 3 months. It may be possible to extend placement if both the employer/sponsor and the inter are in agreement and if there are no legal considerations that would discourage the extension. Placement is made and progress is monitored through our program office in Madrid. The internship portion of the program may not combine different companies or different cities.
* Company Assignment:
The most important factor is language skills: The more limited the student's language abilities, the flexible s/he will have to be in terms of placements. We try very hard to match the students' educational background, professional experience, and professional plans, to the internship placement. We contact the student (by e-mail or in person in Madrid) with one or more possibilities, and descriptions of those internships, and ask the student for comments and to rank the possibilities in order of preference. This helps us ensure appropriate placement. The interviews can take place during the time the student is studying (usually during the Professional Orientation course)
Housing arrangements can be made by the housing services offered by NIK-LAS.
- Design a fully comprehensive program to meet area of focus
- Flexibility to participate in language Refresher phase one in Seville, Salamanca, Barcelona, and Madrid
- Requesting and receiving background information on all internship candidates providing guidelines for the preparation of the professional resume in Spanish, interviewing each candidate, and drawing up a list of possible internship placements;
- Conferring with the candidates via e-mail or telephone to confirm area of interest and counsel on professional experience options;
- Approaching the sponsoring institutions and achieving placements;
- Maintaining contact with both the candidates and the sponsoring organizations to ensure that the internships run smoothly;
- Intervening to resolve any difficulties or misunderstandings between the clients and the corporate sponsors, to assure mutual satisfaction.
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year
* Minimum required Spanish level: intermediary - high
* Resume either in Spanish or English, depending on the student's stronger language.
* Short essay (1-2 pages) in Spanish: the student has to focus on the kind of experience he/she wants to have, what he/she wants to learn, what kind of internship the student prefers, and why. The student has to send the documents by e-mail.
- Admin (Health Services)
- Admin (Hospitality, Sports)
- Art History
- Art/Fine Arts
- Business Admin, Management
- Media (Radio, TV, & Film)
- Computer Science
- English as a Second Language
- Graphic Design
- Health Sciences
- Liberal Arts
- Marketing, Ad, PR
- Museum Studies
- Occupational, Envir. Health
- Public Admin, Public Pol, Govt
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Women's Studies
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Cost in US$:
Vary by duration of program.
Program Fees Include:
** PAYMENT PLAN options available for qualified applicants **
- SR Special - Receive 10% off total lodging costs for stay in SR Room in Shared Apartment for over 8+ weeks
- Early Bookings - Book and make full payment 65 days before arrival date, and receive 5% discount off tuition cost.
- Spring Break Special - Book and pay before January 31st for travel during the months of March through April and receive 5% off tuition cost.
- Summer Special - Book and pay before April 30th for travel during the months of June through September and receive 5% off tuition cost.
Internships are educational and are therefore unpaid. The company, though, reserves the right to make a contribution to the participant if they so choose.
This Program is open to
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 5
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Job and Internship Network