New Zealand Internships participants relaxing on a beach New Zealand Internships participants relaxing on a beach

Tourism Internship Program

Great tourism placement down under!

I knew I wanted to travel and knew I wanted to work while I was abroad. That's where New Zealand Internships came in. They found me a placement in Tourism that was simply amazing. So social, so many parties, lots of opportunity for travel - and my accommodation was provided! Perhaps best of all was New Zealand Internships and their social network they have. Through it and through the trips they host you can meet lots of Interns and have amazing times exploring New Zealand. Definitely recommended New Zealand Internships and their professional service and absolutely recommend the Tourism Program!

A real life changing experience that you would never regret

I realized the value of doing an internship internationally. You’re not only getting an invaluable international work experience that teaches you a lot about the world and global business, but you get all the cool stuff that comes with it – making new friends, exploring a foreign country and really get out of your comfort zone. Because New Zealand Internships have a lot to offer and they were very keen to assist me properly. I felt that they were able to offer me the best value of money and could provide me with an internship I was looking for.

Multitasking was very important during my internship because I was involved in a number of different marketing/sales tasks. Additionally, I did not expect that as an intern I would get anywhere near the amount of responsibility I did… It made my internship experience that much more valuable.

The best thing about the program was that it was an awesome way to gain work experience and make memories you will never forget or regret. To be honest, I loved everything during my internship; the internship itself, my colleagues, the weather, food and people! My internship company was highly supportive and I felt welcomed into the team the moment I stepped through the door. Also, New Zealand Internships organized regular trips during which you had the chance to meet other young travelers and interns while discovering the most beautiful places in the country. I wish I could have stayed longer.

A day at my internship starts with communicating with clients, handling their inquiries/complaints and selling service packages. After lunch, I normally work on additional projects, such as improving the contents of our offers, establishing additional documents or conducting competitor analysis. As my internship is during the office hours, in the evening I meet friends and we do something fun together - because there is always something going on in Auckland!

I did not experience culture shock. I really loved New Zealand from the beginning. It was really easy to get used to the culture and the kiwis. They are all very kind and easy going.

My thoughts about certain subjects are changed a fair bit. An internship abroad is a real life changing experience that you would never regret. I would recommend an internship abroad to every student.

A well organized and enjoyable program

I have chosen Professional Internship program from New Zealand Internships. I really wanted to go to New Zealand for a long time already. And my internship abroad was a good opportunity to do that. It was also a way to explore the world and learn things about myself. I thought it was a really trustworthy company. Before I signed up, I had a Skype meeting with Dovile and could ask as many things if I wanted to make sure I knew everything before I sign up.

I had to do a lot of different things on the same time. I was always buzzy and sometimes it was a little bit chaotic. Everything has to be organized on time. And it feels so nice when everything is done, and people are enjoying the events. New Zealand Internships organizes really well. They help you with everything. The internship, visa, accommodation, insurance, etc. You can always Skype when you need more information. The trips and event itself and the fact that I could join all of them!

It is so cool to organize something and you see that other people are enjoying it. I really saw the results of my work. I don’t think that I would do something differently. I saw New Zealand, had a great time during my internship and made a lot of friends. There is not a single thing that I regret. During my program I had to organize different things. I had different meetings to promote the company, I had to make the reservations. And I also had to make sure that everything was okay during the event/trip. I did expected it, but it was not a big shock at all. The culture of New Zealand is not that different from Holland. I made friends really easily, so you get used to be abroad very quickly. I have more life experience, I see the world differently and I am more independent now. It is something that will be around me every day.

Good Experience

I am from the Netherlands and did my internship with the New Zealand Internships company itself in the role of business developer and looking for new possibilities in the market. In the company I learned to work in an international environment.

Because of all the trips I joined, I met people from all over the world and had a great time.

I recommend to anybody to sign up for an internship in New Zealand. Besides gaining professional work experience, you also have the possibility to travel through a beautiful country!

A Great Experience

I am from France and did an internship in the field of Marketing. With my internship in New Zealand I wanted to get more experience on the one hand and improve my English skills on the other hand.

During my internship, I was really happy that New Zealand Internships made it possible for me to travel through the most beautiful country of the world and join many activities with other people, who were very friendly and open-minded.

It was a great experience!

The Best Thing I Could Have Done

I did my internship in Communications, Advertising and Marketing. Mostly I was managing the companies Social Media accounts, as well as research into how the company was doing and how they could improve it. With my internship in New Zealand I gained a lot of experience.

It was pretty easy to get in touch with other students. I was surprised by how friendly everyone was. It made me feel like I was at home.

When I wasn't at work, I took the time to enjoy New Zealand. I hiked the Tongariro crossing, learned to surf, went caving, and saw a lot of beaches and waterfalls. I was even lucky enough to see TWO Kiwis!

In conclusion it was the best thing I could have done!