New Zealand Internships participants relaxing on a beach New Zealand Internships participants relaxing on a beach

New Zealand Internships

Professional service that helped me have the best time in NZ

I cannot recommend the services of New Zealand Internships to anyone highly enough. If you are thinking of doing your Internship abroad you simply shouldn't look past New Zealand. For starters, it is a beautiful country, with loads of things to see and do, and you are connected with fellow Interns that quickly become friends and make your stay really special.
New Zealand Internships found me a great placement in central Auckland in a really cool Marketing company. I learnt real skills and grew within the role during my 5 months there, and left having completed my thesis and gaining international work experience for my CV.
They also helped out with a bunch of other extra services that made my stay so much more comfortable. They found my accommodation a short walk from my Internship, they helped with my Visa and insurance arrangements, they introduced me to other interns, amongst other things. Perhaps most fun of all... in the weekends, after I'd been working hard at my Internship, they arranged trips to places across New Zealand to explore the country and have an awesome time doing it!

Far Far Away, in a wonderful country

When I had the Skype interviews in front of me last year in Germany I was quite excited. NZI helped me to prepare everything and gave me some helpful tips concerning getting interviewed and introducing yourself to the interviewer. Even when I needed to change the interview date they stayed patient and friendly.

So everything went well.

In the first week in NZ I joined the orientation event at NZI's office. And even though I was one hour late (I got lost) they were kind and gave some tips to survive in Auckland as a foreign intern.

After the first days at my internship I realized that I didn't feel comfortable, so I went to NZI and asked for options to change the internship. Marcel helped me to calm down and looked for alternatives immediately. 3 days later I had a new work place and I couldn't think of a better company to do my internship.
I learned a lot in my time here, met magnificent people from all over the world and - of course - saw most of the stunning places in New Zealand. Doing an internship after school was the best thing I could have done.

Thanks a lot for all you support and help! You made my time in NZ the most enjoyable

Meeting people and travel New Zealand

I think one of the best parts about NZI is how you do such a good job of creating a community with the weekly trips. I know a lot of people who did coops in other countries and they didn't have close to the experience that I did because they only knew the people they came with and the people they worked with. I came in knowing nobody and not working with anyone I felt inclined to meet outside of the 9-5. Because of NZI I made friends quickly and had countless experiences that I would consider some of my best memories. Thanks guys! It was just awesome and I would not hesitate a second to do it again.

Unique opportunities

When one of my friends got back from an internship in New Zealand, she told me that I needed to go if I had the opportunity. Well, lucky me, because I had the opportunity to go. But how do I arrange an internship myself? That's the moment when New Zealand Internships was able to help me really well. After signing up and sending some documents they found an internship within weeks for me! And it doesn't end over there. During your internship the company is there to help you out with any kind of problems you may run in to. They also arrange some discount on the most amazing trips you can imagine. It's definitely worth the money!

I'm slowly finishing my internship and the time I had at my internship was amazing. The people are so friendly. Besides that I had a lot of time off to explore New Zealand itself. In my opinion this is one of the best decisions I made so far in my life.

Kiwi Experience

I loooooooved it! Normally I do stuff by myself. Being more independent. But since I was short on time, I decided to do an Internship via New Zealand Internships as a part of my studies. A friend told me who also got a friend who actually did an internship with New Zealand Internships and he was quite happy with his decision. So I applied for an Internship within the Tourism branch and it blows my mind. Right from the beginning until my leave, everything went perfect. Everything I paid for was provided and even more. I met so many new people from all over the world. (Swiss guys are the funniest :D)
First I was concerned about the work I was tasked with at the company I was working for. Normally as an intern you are responsible for copying and bringing coffee. I was positively surprised when I got my first task. I had to assist a colleague by going on a trip to the north cape. It was amazing. I really was astonished by the beauty of this country. I heard a lot of it but that it actually would be more beautiful than told, I was never expecting that.
During my internship these kind of positive surprises kept on going. I got to know the Maori culture and traveled the country with other international Students. It was literally one of the best times I ever had. I wished I would not had to leave this place.

My conclusion: Everyone who is looking for an experience abroad should do it. It will change you and it will blow your mind. It was just awesome and I would not hesitate any second to do it again.
Thank you guys for this incredible beautiful time I could spend with you in New Zealand.

Sales and Marketing Assistant

The internship placement by New Zealand Internships has been a great learning curve into working life in New Zealand. I am still halfway through my internship and looking forward to completing my studies however enjoying my time immensely.

Amazing experience

My stay in New Zealand was probably the best time of my life. The country is just amazing, the people's friendliness is like no other and everything was just... wow! Thanks to New Zealand Internships, I was able to do an internship in my field of studies, thus preferred & needed economic sector - the tourism industry. I worked a period of 7 months for a tour operator based in Auckland. The position in this company was exactly how I expected as I had great responsibilities and was actively involved in the day-to-day business operations. Regarding New Zealand Internships service, I can just say that it was superior. Right from the beginning, I had a pretty good feeling about it. Before starting off the application, I had a Skype meeting with one of their employees and I could express all of my needs and concerns about the internship. Basically within a two or three weeks, I already had the first contact with my future employer and as already mentioned, the position perfectly matched what I was looking for. Alright, so everything was fixed and the only thing I had left to do was getting on that plane to Auckland. Upon arrival, a driver was already waiting for me and brought me to my apartment. The day after, I went to their office and had a pretty good chat with the entire team, so I could meet the people who helped me that much. All in all, I really got to say that they know what they are doing and they do it good. I would always consult them again and if not me personally, my kids will do so sometime in the future :D

Oh yeah, before I forget, the best thing about getting an internship with New Zealand Internships is that they do trips on the weekend as well. So if you really want to have a good time, I mean apart from doing your internship, ask them about their trips. That’s were I met most of my friends back then.

Best time of my life!!!

During my half year internship in 2009 in Auckland I worked as a technical drawer for a construction company. Beside this well-organized internship I had the pleasure to enjoy New Zealand right from the beginning with many new friends who also did their internship via New Zealand Internships. During the weekend weekend did many easy to join organized trips or enjoyed the nightlife of Auckland. New Zealand Internship has helped me develop myself as a person and professionally while enjoying the time of my life! Thanks!!

awesome times

Doing an internship in New Zealand turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life.
It is a beautiful country, which has so much to offer! Not only a huge variety of landscapes and amazing beaches, but also super-friendly and easy-going people.
My internship was great as well and thanks to New Zealand Internships everything went smooth and without any problems.
Due to plenty of social events and trips which they offer, I never felt alone far away from home.
To cut a long story short: I absolutely fell in love with New Zealand and a big THANK YOU to New Zealand Internships for their help and support!

They give you the chance to learn and also discover NZ!

Last year I did an Internship in NZ with New Zealand Internships. From the moment i subscribed for the program till the moment I left NZ, everything was arranged very well! Thanks to New Zealand Internship I managed to cross my own borders, learn another language, met new people, connect me with the business world, but overal enjoyed by time in New Zealand without any concerns. I would love to do the whole program over and over.

New Zealand Internships gave me memories I will never forget. Thank you!!!

Gorgeous country with amazing people!

Ever since I started my preparation for my 6-month internship in New-Zealand, NZI has been there to assist me.

I would definitely recommend New Zealand if you want to see the most beautiful country of the world. Time has been flying and I have had great experiences which I could not imagine having anywhere else.

New Zealand Internships had a wide range of companies which were available for my industry. Without any hassle they arranged an internship within only a few weeks!

The trips that are being provided are amazing and the best way to meet people around here.

I definitely recommend New Zealand Internships for anyone who wants to have the time of their life!!

The best time of my life

From the day I arrived I knew I made the right decision. Everything was taken care of: from the pick up from the airport to an appartement down town. We were informed of all important info in a presentation at the office after arrival. I also really liked my internship. I had the time of my life and even decided to do my second internship in Auckland, through New Zealand Internships, again.

I felt like NZI went the extra mile for all their interns. Moving far away from home is hard enough, it's so lovely meet all the other interns of NZI and make friends for life from day one! Besides, New Zealand is the most gorgeous country you'll ever be and you'll get to discover it through the trips NZI offers!

Perfect experience

I had to do an internship for university, but wanted to be far away from the Netherlands. New Zealand was the perfect option. After some searching, found this company and from then on all went smooth. They helped me every step of the way. From an internship itself to accomodation. I ran into one small problem, my company I was supposed to work for got sold due tto unforseen circumstances and there was no longer any place for me, within 1 week they arranged a new internship company (a better one I might say). All-in-all I would 100% recommend this company if you are looking for an awesome time in New Zeeland.

My adventure in Auckland, sweet as!

I've done my internship via New Zealand Internships. From my first e-mail till I ended my internship they helped me with all my questions.

The guys at the office are friendly, professional and always eager to help you out. Besides the internship, the company also organize a lot of social events. I even got discounts for awesome trips with other interns!

My internship was good, the help they offered me was great, the experience overall was perfect!
I would recommend everyone to go on an abroad adventure with these guys!

Internship at the Attic Backpackers

I have done my internship at the Attic Backpackers in central Auckland. Being in a backpackers is awesome, you meet a lot of people and even though I met a lot of frenchies, being surrounded by english speaking people helps you get your english level higher than you expected.
Also, I was living in the CBD which is great when you want to do some shopping or go out at night.
My internship lasted 3 months, I had a great time and the team was incredible. The people are very welcoming and you feel at ease very quickly.
New Zealand is an amazing country, I had the opportunity to visit a lot of places during my days off (coromandel, bay of Islands, Glowworm caves, Rotorua...) and I definitely recommend this country.

Perfect Time

My name is Niels and I am from the UK. I did my internship in Marketing, specifically in the field of property investment in Auckland. With my internship I gained lots of experience. Choosing New Zealand Internships to find me an internship has been one of the best decisions of my life.

New Zealand Internships worked very professional, was interested in what I was looking for and supported me with my application documents.

During my orientation they gave me very useful information about New Zealand, for example how to create a bank account or how to use the public transport.

In addition, they organized some social activities or trips through New Zealand, so it was pretty easy to get in touch with other people from all over the world. Besides the hikes, I joined some pub crawls and went to the beautiful South Island. New Zealand is one of the most beautiful countries of the world and I recommend everybody to travel as much as possible.

In conclusion, you only can benefit from the experiences you are going to gain here.

A New Adventure

After I finished school in Germany, I decided to do an internship far away from my home country. With my internship in New Zealand I got the possibility to step out of my comfort zone and develop myself, not only regarding my career, but also my independence and personality.
During my internship I assumed responsibility for different issues and I was keen to meet this challenge. At first I was a little bit scared, but with hindsight I gained a lot of work experience and benefit from that.
It was pretty easy to get in touch with other people, because there were some other interns living in the same building. So we became a community.
I recommend everyone to visit New Zealand! You only can benefit from the experiences you are going to gain here.

Kiwi Is The New Black.

One might think that there is absolutely nothing funny and exciting about studying business and economics and one would be RIGHT. Want to know what is though ? Taking a break from this run for academic credits, catching the first world map you can find and picking a country out randomly to perform a six month internship. Be brave and keep your fingers crossed not to be sent into a war area out of randomness of course (rumour has it doing sales analysis and struggling for your life at the same time is quite a bit unpleasant)

Faith got my back on that one and decided that I would call Auckland home for the next six months of my life. I can already feel your jealousy reaching its higher level when reading that but get over it I'm not done. They say heaven differs from a person to another one. Little did they know that New-Zealand has proved it wrong by being everybody's one. Should you be into mountainous landscapes or more like stunning beaches this country has it ALL. Let yourself be amazed by Coromandel and its white sand beaches, say Kia ora to Bay Of Islands and its dolphins playing around the very boat you are sealing on.

Another thing that also struck me here is the weird aspect of social relationships: when studying in Europe one would hardly make friends from a neighbouring country but all of a sudden you find yourself miles away from home and get close to Dutch and German people working your english hard to make yourself clear. Funny how you have to fly for 31 hours to meet people who live 1 hour away from your hometown.

Oh and please if like me your blood is a real melting-pot of origins try not to be surprised when people guess where you are originally from. From Asia to South America going through Portugal I just don't know who I am anymore. Still recovering from this identity crisis at the very moment I'm writing you those lines.

In other words, if you are after a life-changing experience DO NOT think twice and go ahead because that's exactly what's around the corner for you down here in New-Zealand.

Cheers !

Opening of my eyes in the most beautiful place on earth

Thanks to New Zealand Internships I got the opportunity to do my first intership abroad in a safe and responsible way. They really take care of you and take most of that initial fear away.
I got placed in an amazing house with amazing people in a good neighbourhood on the North Shore.
My internship was with the NZ Breakers (Basketball) for which I did the marketing.
Thanks to all the people who made this experience possible, I opened my eyes and went out of my comfort and have not stopped doing so ever since.
All the events and trips they organised helped me meet very interesting people. A recommendation isn't sufficient: you just have to to this. You will not regret it.

The beauty called New Zealand

I was in New Zealand for (just) 4 months. At the end I have to say that it was much too short. I had the best time in my life! It was definitely the best choice to go abroad. I met many new friends from all over the world, improved my English, got to know a new culture and country and I just loved it a lot! My internship was also very nice. I learned many new things for the job I want to study in Germany, met new and wonderful people and had a perfect time there.
Overall, I recommend everyone to visit New Zealand! It's a wonderful place to live and meet people from all over the world. Moreover, nz internships did a really good job. You always felt secure and they always helped me. Thanks a lot for this!

Professional, comfortable and the best choice

A friend of mine told me about New Zealand Internships. At first I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to pay an internship mediation company to find an internship for me. But after considering it, I decided to go for it.

Some might see it as a one time payment or a fee, but it is actually an investment in your future. Choosing New Zealand Internships has been one of the best decisions of my life.

My first impression of NZ Internships was that they are very professional. They were interested in what I wanted, offered help & support regarding my motivational letter and c.v., and gave me general advice concerning New Zealand. I did not feel pressured at any time and felt comfortable with them.
During the process they offered me a few companies and asked if I was interested to have interviews with them. All that was required from my side was my dedication and commitment. NZ Internships took care of finding the companies and setting up the interviews. This gave me more free time to spend on preparing for exams & finishing projects, rather than spending countless hours surfing the web or mailing companies (which never really reply anyway) to find my own internship.

I had one internship company which I was planning on starting my internship, however my university informed me that they were not suitable. After brief contact with NZ Internships I had three more interviews lined up within a few days. How great is that?

Some of the companies did not appeal to me at all, and I turned them down. NZ Internships respected my decision. They said it was not a problem at all, and arranged some new interviews for me.

Within a week I had found the perfect internship company, and send in the application to school. Once they accepted it, I informed NZ Internships and they send the Internship contract to me & my manager. The contract is another great example of excellent service provided by NZ Internships, it takes away all the hassle which you would have to go through as a student trying to write up the right contract covering every aspect.

After I signed the contract I booked my ticket (kilroy.net) and applied for my Visa online. The Visa application process was explained to me in a step by step instructional guide, given by NZ Internships.

NZ Internships also offered me help in regards of insurance, housing accommodation and gave me some banking advice (use currencyonline->westpac).

When I actually landed on the airport in New Zealand, a personal driver picked me up to bring me to my destination.

One of the first days we already had a short meet 'n greet event with other interns at a Spanish Tapas diner. The day after I went to the office of NZ Internships. Here I met the crew, got given a few guidelines and helpful booklets about New Zealand and they gave me my sim card.

The whole experience felt very relaxed and NZ Internships gave me a professional impression. It was especially nice because I knew I did not have to spend a lot of hours trying to find an internship at the other side of the world. It's better to leave this to experts who have a big network of people & companies and have done it thousands of times before.

If it wasn't for New Zealand Internships I wouldn't be in this amazing country right now getting a lot of good experiences, and learning & growing every day. I am really grateful that I did choose them and can definitely recommend anyone who is looking to come to New Zealand to make use of NZ Internships!