Work in Children's Hospital
* Currently a doctor, nurse, medical student, or hospital employee
* Must demonstrate an appropriate level of training and experience in the medical field
* A desire to help the people of Mongolia
* Flexible, self-motivated
* Open to a new culture
* Has willingness to learn
Cost in US$:
945 (2-4 weeks), 1,445 (5-8 weeks), 2,045 (9-12 weeks)
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Language instruction
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
- Emergency evacuation services
Program Fees Include:
Two days language and culture orientation included.
To better prepare volunteers and to make their experience more enjoyable, each volunteer placement of one month or longer begins with a two-day Mongolia language and culture orientation stage. Day one includes intensive language and cultural training in the capital city of Ulaanbaatar. Day two provides volunteers with hands-on cultural learning through a home stay in a rural ethnic minority community and participation in various cultural activities. This is a fun and effective way for volunteers to adjust to a new environment before volunteering begins.
Housing varies based on the placement location. During the volunteering stage of the placement, housing typically consists of a home stay with a local host family. This is a great opportunity for volunteers to learn experientially about Mongolia culture and family life. Volunteers can expect pleasant yet modest accommodations.
- Food: Food is provided as part of volunteer placements. Traditional Mongolian food is served to volunteers twice a day.
- Community Development
17 and above
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Job and Internship Network
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home