Naturally Africa Volunteers Header Image Naturally Africa Volunteers Header Image

South Africa Community Preschool Project

Wonderful

It was so great moments that I don't know how to start the text.
I spent two weeks at Cintsa, a beautiful beach which has a nice village.
I had the pleasure to meet nice people. Their culture is different but I like to know about it and the xhosa, their language, was very funny to learn.
I always wanted to do volunteer work and my time with Volunteer Africa was better than my expectation. Everyone in VA32 was nice and helpful. They contributed to this magic time there.
I volunteered for one week at Cintsa Pre-School and Phumla, the teacher, impressed me with her perseverance and strength. She was always with a smile and talking with everyone. In Grade R's classes we played, sung and had fun! The kids were so cute and with much energy.
The second week I volunteered at Nthuthukweni Creche, a small place with a big backyard. I enjoyed caring for the babys and the kids. They are so beautiful.
The activities that we made in the afternoon with the village's children were really great. I like gardening, visiting the childrens' home of safety and practicing sports.
I left my heart in South Africa and I really want to go back someday to see all my friends. I think of them everyday and now I look at the pictures and videos not to miss them so much.