National University of Ireland, Galway welcomes applications from North American students who wish to pursue Study Abroad opportunities in Ireland. In recent years, we have also received students from Europe, Latin America and Asia. An important feature of the programme at NUI Galway is that visiting students are integrated fully into our main student body, which means that you will take the regular classes and assessments of the University, alongside our full degree students.
Study Abroad Applicants are normally required to have completed two years of University, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Visiting students typically study with us for one semester (Semester 1, September-December or Semester 2, January-May) or for one full academic year (September-May).
* For the majority of visiting students, the credits earned at NUI Galway counts towards their degree at their home institution.
* Visiting students normally take five or six courses per semester, depending on their home institutions requirements.
* Suitably qualified visiting students can choose from a broad range of classes across different disciplines (with some exceptions) in order to meet your own major or minor requirements.
* For information on courses and restrictions, please visit the website. Please note that the courses available to Visiting Students may vary year to year.