Nacel International Header Image Nacel International Header Image

High School exchange in Spain - From 2 weeks to 1 Year

So far so good!

Spanish culture is incredible, probably this was my main motivation at the moment I was looking for a program, I was looking for a real immersion in the language and culture, and Nacel offered me exactly what I wanted. This is a life experience I was not prepared for but I'm immensely grateful to my parents for the support, my host family for taking care of me as one of them and Nacel for this well organize and incredible program.

Thank you, Nacel team!

We are so happy with the family that you found for Ines, it's such a perfect match for our family and our daughter! We just wanted to say thanks and please tell thanks from us to the Nacel Team!!! It would have been difficult to find a better match!

Thank you for all your support and guidance during this important experience for Ines! We are sure our daughter will have an unforgettable experience!

First weeks in Spain

Dear Nacel, I'm doing great and so far things couldn't be going any better! My first week at school went pretty well (besides the fact I couldn't understand half of what my teachers were saying). My host sister Marian has been a big help to me with the language and she's also helped me meet a few friends while my language is still pretty lacking. As far as my relationship with my host family I feel like it is going great, they are really active in making sure that I'm happy/healthy. The only area that is still not going fantastically is my Spanish. I know it's only been a month (3 weeks for actually really speaking Spanish), but I thought I could've made a bit more progress in this month than I have. Nevertheless so far things are going great and I can't complain about anything so far.

Thank you Nacel!

My name is Danny and I started my program with Nacel a month ago! School is going great it's been two days and I've started to make friends, the professors are all nice and understand that I'm going to need some time to succeed in their classes which I am understanding more and more of. It was definitely a tough couple of weeks and I'm sure it will continue to be a challenge but I'm starting to settle in and I'm happy that I am here for the year. Thank you for everything!

Nacel a trusted organizations

Aidan is doing great and Marta is a sweetheart. He is very happy with his family. Marta and I talk back and forth she is doing wonderfully with her English. Thank you again for this amazing and life changing experience that you helped facilitate for Aidan.

A year abroad!

We worked with Nacel for 6 months to prepare our 15-year old daughter for a year of high school abroad in Spain. The staff were very responsive, answering all of our questions and addressing our concerns immediately. Emails and phone calls were responded to quickly, and the staff were always available by phone. Additionally the Nacel staff went above and beyond their role to problem solve with us when we experienced challenges and confusion in the bureaucratic process of the embassy requirements. Our host family selection was done with thought and care for our daughter’s age and experience level. It is obvious that a positive student experience is paramount at Nacel. We felt at all times that we were working with individuals who cared for our daughter's well-being (and ours as parents, too.) At the time of departure, we felt fully prepared, knowing where our child would be going, what she would need for the school system and life abroad, and we were put in direct communication with our fantastic host family to guide us into a successful year abroad. Thank you to all the Nacel staff involved in making our daughter’s dream a reality. Thank you!

Hannah's review

My family is great. I really like it here! In my classes, it is still difficult to understand however, the tutor is great. she helps me a lot with my homework because it is hard to read in subjects like anotomía and filosofía and when I don’t have homework, she helps me with Spanish. As for my spanish, I would'nt say that it is that good yet but it has improved since I have got here… Love, Hannah

Thank you Nacel!

No te he olvidado durante mi año aquí en España, y estoy totalmente enamorada con Asturias. He estado estudiando para 5 meses, y como dice mi padre de aquí, "si estas comiendo 3 dedos, ya acabaste dos y solo queda uno." Pero estoy muy triste que en 4 meses hay que volver a mi país y tengo que dejar a mi familia española.
Pero bueno, no pasa nada. Ahora mismo, estoy muy contenta. smile emoticon Estoy estudiando mucho porque en un mes, vamos a Cádiz para Semana Santa. ¡Tengo muchas ganas! Así que estoy estudiando, en los fines de semanas voy al cine con Celia y nos dormimos en la casa de mi abuela. Cocinamos mucho, que me encanta. Ahora, sé cómo se hace la tortilla española, fabada asturiana y lentejas.
Otra vez, gracias por todo. Sin vosotros, este viaje no habría sido posible, y ha cambiado mi vida.
Besos,
Sophia

Una bonita experiencia!

It has been an amazing experience during this last 6 months, my Spanish level has been improving a lot, my host family is incredible and I've made some good friends I hope they are for life. I'm taking advantage of every single situation where I can use my Spanish (always), and the most important is that I been having a ton of fun while doing this. Learning doesn't have to be boring. Simplemente España es un pais hermoso!

Great experience and excellent organization

I highly recommend this program to every person that wants to invest in their future with great academic structure in a beautiful and amazing country like Spain. You can live the cultural immersion since minute 1 making the whole experience unforgettable.