myTEFL Header Image myTEFL Header Image

myTEFL 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course

Supportive and educational

I completed the 120 hour TEFL with myTEFL and am impressed with the quality content and overall support provided. The online agent was super helpful and my tutor was quick to respond. The units and information progressed intuitively. Even though I'm an experienced teacher, I picked up new ideas and activities which I'll be implementing in my own classes.

In a few weeks I'm starting a new job in Shanghai teaching adult professionals. MyTefl arranged the position for me, and has helped me with the details along the way.

My only gripe would be the format of some of the quizzes. The drag and drops were difficult to complete on my phone and I'd have to complete them on a computer. Not a big deal, especially considering the price I paid.

Ricky Choul - TEFL certified and ready to rock :D

Here's one quote to sum up my experience "That moment of relief when you realize how much of a mistake stepping into the classroom without MyTEFL training would have been." haha.

But really though, this course left my totally prepared for my new teaching job in Taipei, Taiwan - which MyTEFL arranged for me!

Without taking this course i'd likely have just been blagging lessons and facing awkward silences when I didn't know how to explain grammar patterns or phonetics etc. Thankfully I did things right, got the training and the certificate to prove it.

It's all pretty easy, just enroll, spend an hour each day going through the material, and answer the questions to recap each module. It all sinks in pretty well without even noticing it. Then voila, you're ready to go.

TWO THUMBS UP!

A well structured course free from headaches and great value for money.

It cost me around £170, and they even helped get me a job earning around £1,800 p/m in Korea... talk about a win-win situation eh! :D

• Academic Support

A super easy and stress-free way to get TEFL certified.

Thank you to everyone at mytefl! I completed my online course with no issues. It's really really straight forward - you just need to read through the units, make notes where necessary and complete the tests at each stage. There's no trick questions or anything, and the content really seems geared towards helping build your understanding of both teaching and the EFL industry.

One of the best parts about this course must be the lifetime job placement service. The team have set me up with a teaching job in China (including free accommodation!), helped me to prepare myself and gather the necessary documents. It's made the jump to teaching overseas SO much easier.

• Academic Support

Helpful, in-depth and convenient.

I finished the myTEFL 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course about 3 weeks ago. It only took about a month to complete as i had quite a bit of free time, and so long as you pay attention, everything is really manageable.

I found the format really helpful as it’s somewhat similar to college – you read each chapter, revise it and then complete a test to see how well you’ve learned it. There’s also lots of additional materials to help you learn more teaching skills, and even to use once you get a teaching job.

Great course and really good value.

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Hi Chloe, thanks for your warm feedback! Wishing you the best of luck on your TEFL adventures!

Tyler and the Mytefl Team

Top Marks!

A solid, uncomplicated way to learn valuable teaching skills. The course covered everything I could have needed - grammar, phonetics, classroom skills, testing students and more. I really feel prepared to go and teach. Thanks myTEFL!

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Hi Harriet,

Thanks for your warm feedback. Wishing you the best of luck on your upcoming TEFL journeys!

Tyler and the myTEFL Team!

• Academic Support

A great online teacher training/TEFL course

Perfect for my needs. All online, straightforward, and fast.

The MyTEFL system turned out to be really convenient - you do it yourself, online, on your own schedule, and get support when you need it. This worked out great for me, as I needed some flexibility to fit the course around my work life.

Overall, it took around 7 weeks to work through, and i've certainly learned a lot. Definitely feel like I have the confidence to step into a classroom now. Thanks!

• Academic Support

Have recommended to my friends

A very thorough course, worth every penny. Took about a month and a half working at a decent pace to get through. I had the confidence to teach a class before, but now I feel I have the skills also.

Would certainly recommend it.

• Academic Support

Great course, highly recommended.

New TEFL graduate right here!

Definately would recommend this course to anyone wanting to teach abroad. It's all online (ignore the part about "Living conditions 10/10" - wouldn't let me leave a review without it) and really convenient.

Now that i've passed the course, the team at myTEFL are helping place me in a school in Taiwan. It's really exciting!

-Sophie

• Modules & Web Content

Fast, affordable, and actually quite fun.

I saw this course advertised on Facebook earlier this year and took a shot at it. It seemed to be priced quite fairly - between the expensive $500 ones and the suspiciously cheap $150 ones - but the materials and support given were first class.

I'd recommend it to anyone out there who's thinking of teaching abroad. I really learned a lot, and for the price you can't complain at all. 9/10 - a phone app would have been cool (but maybe a bit overkill)

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Thanks Marie! We are in the middle of a full redesign and we will definitely explore the App option as suggested. Enjoy your upcoming TEFL travels!

Tyler

• Academic Support

Recommended for anyone wanting an online course

A friend suggested I join him, so we both enrolled in a mytefl 120 hour course.

Really feel we got our money's worth (20% discount at the time.) It's completely online and just takes an hour each evening, and a couple more at the weekend. It seems like a long time, but you move through content at a decent pace.

Overall, I learned some really valuable skills, and got an some insights into the process of actually being a teacher.