Murdoch University Header Image Murdoch University Header Image

Study Abroad in Australia at Murdoch University

Study Abroad at Murdoch University

Studying abroad at Murdoch University was such an amazing experience. I met so many incredible people and I was able to participate in so many activities and excursions that you would never have the opportunity to do elsewhere. Murdoch is set in the perfect location between Perth and Fremantle, which both are easy to get to and offer plenty of fun and the weather is, of course, beautiful! The campus is really nice and Murdoch offers a huge variety of courses to take. Great program, great people.

Life Changing

If I had to say one thing that changed my life it would have to be going abroad to this amazing school. When I first took off for Australia, I had a two feelings running inside: excitement but also completely terrified. I had never been outside the country without family and I was completely on my own. However, as soon as I stepped foot on campus, it immediately felt like home. The trips were planned perfectly, the leaders were awesome and full of knowledge about the area and of course, the students were outstanding!

I would highly recommend going on the Northwest trip! It was best 10 days! Although, I'm not a huge camper, I changed my mind as soon as I got back. The hiking was unbelievable (shout out to Karijini!) and the oceans were beautiful. It was also where I became close to 30 students who soon turned into my second family- (we still keep in touch! ) and how to properly set up a tent! The food on the trip was amazing and we were always on schedule!

If someone gave me a ticket to Perth, I would immediately go back because this experience was amazing! Shout out to Malcolm, Kat, Karl, Bianca, Niamh, Malte, Mark, Alyssa, Lyds, Theresa, Marie, Erica, Neal, Anton, Astrid, Allison, Camille, Taylor, Hailey, Gray, Warren and everyone else that made my abroad experience so amazing!

Incredible

My time at Murdoch was, without a doubt, the best 5 months of my life. I can't say enough good things about how well Murdoch's exchange program is run, and how amazing the people are. From the minute I decided to come to Murdoch for the semester, there were people to help me every step of the way, through enrolling in classes, figuring out how to use public transportation, arranging housing, and adapting to life in Australia.

The most amazing thing about Murdoch's exchange program is the trips they organize and subsidize just for the study abroad/exchange students. Not only did it give me the opportunity to see places that most people don't get to experience (Karijini!), I was able to do it with all the amazing people I met while I was abroad! (And although the northwest trip was definitely the best, don't forget about the day trips they organize, too! I had a blast going to the Pinnacles and Swan Valley.)

The Murdoch University Village also did an amazing job organizing events that helped me meet people. And since the village is for both exchange students and Australians, I met lots of Australians by living there and definitely felt 'immersed' in the culture. I also got incredibly lucky with how awesome the friends I made at Murdoch were, but I'm pretty sure everybody who lives in Oz or travels to Oz is just awesome, so I don't think you can go wrong :)

Time of my life

Living and studying abroad at Murdoch for one semester was definitively the best time of my life. All the experiences and people I met changed my life. Everyone involved in the programme really wanted to make my stay as perfect as it can be. Starting with language problems, over questions of enrolment to social activities and social life I always felt excellently supported. I resided in the Student Village with the four best flat mates I could have ask for. Thanks to you Perth became my home away from home. Besides studying, I got the chance to travel all over Australia. I saw the most incredible nature during the north west trip and had time for further travels to Bali and the east coast during the study breaks. Studying abroad was an unforgettable time in my life and choosing Murdoch the best decision I have ever made. It is unbelievable that I have so many friends all over the world now. It would not have been the same without you Malcolm, Kat, Karl, Astrid, Erica, Marie, Roslyn, Bianca and Niamh!

Unforgettable

I spent one semester at Murdoch and it absolutely changed my life. I had never traveled alone before so just the experience alone was empowering. My studies at Murdoch engaged me and challenged me in ways I had not anticipated and I thrived in the new academic setting. My living situation could have not have been more perfect, residing in a beautiful flat with three amazing Australian girls. And my travels all over Australia were absolutely the best time of my life. I vow to return to Karijini National Park! The friends I made while there really made the whole trip for me. I find it incredible that I now have so many amazing friends all over the world. Huge shout out to Malcolm, Karl, Kat, Mark, Alyssa, Roslyn, and Malte for truly making this trip unforgettable.

Best time of my life

I had one of the best times of my life in Perth. The program is great and they make sure you're prepared for everything. They also give you opportunities to see other things besides Perth through the Northwest trip. I loved all the people I met while in Perth, I've made some of my best friend in the world there. Thank you Kat, Faz, Zach, Tyler and Karl for making studying abroad the best and most fun decision of my life! You guys are amazing<3

Best time of my life!

Murdoch was such an amazing study abroad program. The climate was great and the people were even better. I was able to see all of the best parts of Western Australia and gain the experience of a lifetime. Specifically I would like to thank Kat and Malcome for helping me out in every way possible! I can't imagine a program better than this!