Mundo Exchange: Intern and Volunteer Projects in Thailand
3-6 Month, 5-8 Week, 2-4 Week, 1-2 Week
Fall, Spring, Winter
August - May Thailand, June - August Guatemala
You will need an open mind and heart and an ability to take each moment with humor and patience as required. You will need to be able to volunteer with wonderful people, sometimes elders and disabled. You will need to communicate your needs and encourage those you come to serve to do the same. You will need a sense of humor as well as the ability to not take life to seriously while working with Thais. If you have specific skills, we will match you skills to local programs to the extent possible.
If you are 18 or under, we would like to communicate with both you and your guardians to ensure a good fit with our program.
We have loving caring home stay families in villages where you will learn the true Thailand.
You must be able to speak and understand English. If you are able to speak fluent Thai, all the better, but we will teach you, if you wish and study nightly, basic Thai - or good enough Thai English to get by!
- Animal Sciences
- Camp Counselor & Trip Leader
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Environmental Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Rights
- International Relations
- Sustainable Development
- Theater, Drama, & Dance
- Web Design
Cost in US$:
Please see our website at http://www.mundoexchange.org,
- Written materials abroad
- Written materials pre-departure
- Registration fees
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
- Language instruction
- Emergency evacuation services
Program Fees Include:
Volunteer and Intern donations include:
* Pre-departure training and materials
* Cross Cultural Orientation on local culture, project and teaching preparations,
* Welcome Meal at your Orientation,
* Day of visiting local sites and people during your Orientation
* Thai Language lessons for those wanting to learn more Thai,
* Prearranged accommodation for those wanting Volunteer Home stays, you will need to pay 1700 baht per week, 7 days for food, laundry, accommodation at the home.
* Thai cooking class,
* Project training and lesson planning, if desired or needed,
* Follow-up times to confer at Volunteer Centre or at Home Stay,
* Certificate of Completion and if you stay 2 months or more a letter of recommendation for your university or work,
* Initial project related travels,
* 24/7 Support in Thailand,
* Use of Volunteer Centre and it's library
* Lodging and use of Volunteer Centre facilities when not at your Homestay, if available.
* Assistance in preparing all documents and sponsorship for necessary visa and work permits
* Necessary letter of invitation and letter for your Thai consulate so as to legally volunteer
In some community Thailand projects, when you stay at the volunteer house, you will get one meal at no extra cost for you.
Not included are costs for
* your travel to and from your Cross Cultural Orientation,
* visa, work permit expenses,
* health and travel insurance and expenses,
* food and personal expenses.
We offer volunteers a home stay which allows one to integrate into the culture. Hosts receive additional compensation from volunteers of about 240 baht per day for food, housing, Thai lessons, air con or fans, materials, help with your projects, transportation to project and services such as laundry they provide. Meals in our areas of Thailand run about 50 baht for breakfast, 70 baht for lunch and drink, dinner about 80 baht for dinner. Guest houses are about 300, laundry is 40.. We ask volunteers to compensate our hosts because we find hosts that care deeply about volunteers and interns but also are not wealthy financially, but indeed they are wealthy with knowledge. Many of us have asked where the program fees go. We are all volunteers so it goes to community developed projects and individuals, families in need in the local community you serve.
Free Accommodation for 3 months for Interns staying at least 6 months.
- Volunteers and interns need to be experienced in dealing with many types of individuals and experienced in working with various types of people. This is pretty much what all learn when growing up. If you have difficulty working with diverse groups of individuals, our Thailand volunteering experience may not be for you. As volunteers, we need to use a sense of humor, as well as intellect to deal with new situations and be able to discuss and work on ways to help the children, this takes skills and experience learned through life.
- Animal Welfare
- Computer Training
- Disability Issues
- English Teaching
- Organic Farming
- Public Health
- Senior Citizens
- Veterinary Science
Our volunteers must have a desire to be "off the beaten track". You are someone who really wants to learn about Thai culture and have an authentic experience. You are also someone who enjoys challenges, who can work through difficult time and good times without delay, be creative and see humor in life and cultural differences!
18 and older, we like to communicate with parents or guardians.
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Guest House
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2-5
Scholarships are Available
We have available scholarships, please ask us about them.
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application
- Letters of Reference
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Job and Internship Network
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home
- Exit Debriefing Abroad