Movement Exchange Header Image Movement Exchange Header Image

International Dance Exchange in Panama w/ Movement Exchange

International dance exchange with Move-Ex

Attending this international dance exchange with Move-Ex has completely altered the way I view dance and how it can impact the world. I have been dancing for over 20 years and it wasn't until this experience that I realized the profound affect dance and movement can have on one's life. Because I only spoke a little bit of Spanish (and quite a bit more by the end of the trip), this exchange truly opened my eyes to how dance is a universal language—a physical connection can be so much stronger than a verbal one. What I admire most about this organization is that it is committed to sustainability and creating relationships with the communities in which it works. Part of the program fee for the exchange contributes to year-round dance education at the orphanages and organizations we worked with during the exchange. As hard as it was to leave the children at the end of the week, I was put at ease knowing that Movement Exchange will still be providing them with access to dance education, allowing them to continue building on the confidence and creativity I saw during the exchange. Move to change!!