OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study Abroad at Monash University

10 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Studying Abroad at Monash Changed My Life for the Better... Forever!

I hardly know where to begin with my elaborate honoring of Monash University. I was very fortunate that my home university had a direct agreement with Monash, so the two universities did an extraordinary job with handling all logistics which is very helpful for a first time study abroad student. The quality of education I received was phenomenal and also challenging, since I was always used to a smaller school environment. This was good for me because I learned the value of being independently motivated and got to know how education systems can vary by culture. Any and everyone who has ever met me, knows that I STILL harp on about the incredible study abroad experience I had there. It was so meaningful that I ended up deciding to work in support of Australian Higher Education after I returned to my home university and graduated. From there, I decided to return to Australia for more professional work experience and to live again, but even more so immersed into the culture, that I fell in love with during my study abroad at Monash. All of the faculty and study abroad staff were so helpful at Monash and I continue to communicate with many of my advisers and the Monash study abroad office, three years later!

8 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Semester Abroad in Australia

I studied in Australia through Loyola University who had a partnership with Monash University. I was really happy with the way everything worked out because I had never studied abroad before and it helped me having so much support. The universities and the advisers helped us to know about the culture ahead of time and all about the campus where we would study. I felt comfortable going on my first experience abroad because all of the paperwork, visa and accommodation details were organized and set up ahead of time. I made great friends in the on campus housing because there were tons of international students there. I also met local students through my classes and activity clubs. If I were to do it again, I would choose to go through the same universities, without a doubt.