Study Abroad at Monash University

Location

Australia: Melbourne

Description

Monash University is ranked among the best universities in Australia and has been ranked in the top 50 universities in the world (Times Higher Education Supplement, 2009). It is consistently the first choice of many of the highest qualified Australian school leavers and educates over 15,000 international students who come from more than 100 countries.

Monash has six campuses in and around the city of Melbourne, Australia, as well as campuses in Malaysia and South Africa, and centres in London, UK and Prato, Italy. Monash is known as a vibrant and energetic place of learning, enriched by a dynamic and diverse group of students from over 100 countries.

* The Monash experience

Studying Abroad at Monash University gives you an internationally recognised experience that will enhance your personal and professional development.

As a Study Abroad student, you will have access to the highest quality academic programs and a wide choice of subjects from Monash's 10 faculties. You can also choose uniquely Australian units, such as Contemporary Australia or Experiencing the Australian landscape that provide you with an academic and cultural context from which to explore the country.

Your time at Monash will also allow you to develop personally. The Study Abroad program balances academic rigour with life experience. Monash Abroad offers you a comprehensive support network to assist with your integration into campus life, enabling you to focus on your academic and social opportunities.

* The place to study

The Monash Study Abroad program offers you the opportunity to enhance your academic experience whilst studying in Melbourne, often voted the world's most liveable city. Melbourne is an ideal location for students with its parks and gardens, temperate climate, sporting and cultural events and live music scene.

Melbourne is famous for outdoor dining and a vibrant cafe culture. With more than 3,000 restaurants in Melbourne, you'll find something for every taste and price range. Sport is always in the air with tennis, soccer, cycling, rugby, golf, surfing, swimming, sailing, cricket and the unique form of Australian football, you can participate or be a spectator all year round. The people of Melbourne are cosmopolitan, fun loving and friendly. The city has a truly multicultural population and is home to more than 3 million people from more than 140 nations. With Melbourne as your base, you can use semester breaks and the time before and after your Monash experience to travel around Victoria, Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.

* Support from Monash Abroad

The team at Monash Abroad will provide full support from the time of your application to the day of your departure.

The Monash Abroad team will negotiate with faculties to facilitate your study program and ensure that your time at Monash is hassle-free and exciting.

Monash Abroad runs an orientation program conducted over several days to provide you with a forum to meet other students and learn about Monash student life.

10 Overall Experience

Studying Abroad at Monash Changed My Life for the Better... Forever!

I hardly know where to begin with my elaborate honoring of Monash University. I was very fortunate that my home university had a direct agreement with Monash, so the two universities did an extraordinary job with handling all logistics which is very helpful for a first time study abroad student. The quality of education I received was phenomenal and also challenging, since I was always used to a smaller school environment. This was good for me because I learned the value of being independently motivated and got to know how education systems can vary by culture. Any and everyone who has ever met me, knows that I STILL harp on about the incredible study abroad experience I had there. It was so meaningful that I ended up deciding to work in support of Australian Higher Education after I returned to my home university and graduated. From there, I decided to return to Australia for more professional work experience and to live again, but even more so immersed into the culture, that I fell in love with during my study abroad at Monash. All of the faculty and study abroad staff were so helpful at Monash and I continue to communicate with many of my advisers and the Monash study abroad office, three years later!

8 Overall Experience

Semester Abroad in Australia

I studied in Australia through Loyola University who had a partnership with Monash University. I was really happy with the way everything worked out because I had never studied abroad before and it helped me having so much support. The universities and the advisers helped us to know about the culture ahead of time and all about the campus where we would study. I felt comfortable going on my first experience abroad because all of the paperwork, visa and accommodation details were organized and set up ahead of time. I made great friends in the on campus housing because there were tons of international students there. I also met local students through my classes and activity clubs. If I were to do it again, I would choose to go through the same universities, without a doubt.