Mente Argentina participants Mente Argentina participants

Mente Argentina: Start Up Program in Buenos Aires

A Life-Changing Experience

Mente is a perfect study abroad program for any student looking for flexibility. I was unable to find so many options in housing, internships, and a schedule that worked for me with any of the other programs I researched. Everyone on the Mente Argentina staff was incredibly inviting and helpful and the group activities were some of my roommates’ and my favorite memories. Buenos Aires is the perfect city for anyone trying to improve their Spanish, but I felt like the small classes I took especially helped me transition to the differences in Spanish that are unique to Argentina. I’m so glad that I chose to study abroad with Mente Argentina and I would definitely recommend it to other students!!

Mente Argentina Semester Program

I loved everything about Buenos Aires and the Mente Argentina Semester Program. My shared apartment in Palermo was one of the best parts and I could not imagine a better study abroad experience (I also participated in a part-time internship arranged through Mente).

Buenos Aires is a beautiful city and it was the perfect place to study abroad. Cool people, great staff, amazing places, wonderful culture! I feel that this Program really helped me to grow up; I learned more about myself than I ever imagined.
The experience was more than I could have ever expected, and Mente Argentina was a huge part of making my study abroad trip a success. My apartment was incredible well located (Palermo Neighborhood). The excursions and activities (included in the program cost) took me all over the city; right away I immersed myself into the Spanish culture and found unique bars, museums, restaurants, and fun areas to hang out during the day and at night! A special thanks to Caitlin (my program coordinator in Buenos Aires), she was sooooo helpful, easy to approach, and a lot of fun to be around. She made my experience in Argentina so much more enjoyable!

I can honestly say that the 6 months I lived in Buenos Aires was by far the best time of my life. I am already considering traveling with Mente again in the future, and would definitely recommend them.

Mente Argentina Spanish Program - Thanks for every

I went on my first Spanish Program trip through Mente and it was nice to have a big official company behind me to offer advice and support before I went (gave my parents peace of mind). It was also brilliant to have an incountry coordinator to meet us at the airport and always be there to help!

The schools are all very nice and well equipped. Nice people, good teachers. And I had a lot of fun. I liked my Spanish teacher Patricia who was very patient! She was easy to work with and I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend the language Spanish program if you want to learn or advance your Spanish.

I also loved the fact that they offer shared apartments as primary housing as opposed to other companies that only offer student dorms or homestays. My apartment was also really nice (I got a huge room) located in a great area called Palermo.

I met a few awesome people and had hundreds of experiences I'll never forget. Probably the best trip in my life. I would do another study abroad with Mente Argentina all over again.

Thanks Mente and UBA! Greatest travel experience o

I tried three different Study Abroad organizations and I have to say that Mente was definitely the best one.I absolutely loved my experience while I was in Argentina.

First of all, any questions that I had before leaving (and I had quite a few!!) were answered immediately. They were extremely kind and helpful with any pre-departure issues or concerns that I had.
The process of setting up this Program was simple thanks to Mente & the overall costs for this trip were surprisingly manageable!

I took Spanish Language courses at UBA from 1-4 pm. The teacher I had was very attentive and helpful and the school had a nice atmosphere with lots of new friends gained. I would recommend Buenos Aires as a good place to learn Spanish as it has lots of good bars, restaurants and an incredible weather.

They also got me an amazing apartment, right in the middle of Palermo! It's a top floor apartment (22nd floor!) with amazing views of the city (Located in Las Heras Street between Lafinur & Republica de la India). This apartment has 4 spacious individual rooms, 3 bathrooms and a huge living room with a nice LCD TV!. After I had been there for a couple weeks, they got into contact with me to make sure everything was OK!

As for the staff, all of them are young, efficient and fun to party with. They picked me up from the airport upon arrival, answered all of my questions thoughtfully, and introduced me to several other participants that were taking different programs with them. My Program coordinator was even happy to connect me with local tourist groups and attractions. She was very knowledgeable, helpful, and kind!!

Finally, they also had a great variety of activities where you could interact with other people doing the program such as City Tours, Bomba del tiempo (amazing!), Mente Nights, Bike Tours, etc.

In short, my experience with this organization was amazing. They are low-cost, very thoughtful, organized, and eager to please their participants. I am already considering traveling with Mente again in the future, and would definitely recommend them.

Thanks Mente and UBA! Greatest travel experience of my life (so far :)

Mente Argentina Review - Semester Program

My semester in Buenos Aires with MENTE ARGENTINA was one of the best of my LIFE! The people couldn't have been cooler. I got matched with 2 really cool girls and 1 boy and we all still talk on a weekly basis -- did I mention that we were roommates 1 year ago? Well, these people are still some of my best friends. Buenos Aires is really unique! The staff was really helpful and the excursions & activities they planned were great (they were included in the program price!!).

After meeting other students from other programs in Argentina, it appears we had far superior housing locations and group activities. The housing was in the nicest neighborhood in Buenos Aires: Palermo. We also have a coordinator available 24/7 for anything we might have had problems or concerns with. The price paid for the program was significantly less expensive than other programs I had researched. I HIGHLY recommend Mente!

One month well spent in BsAs

Being a New Yorker, I actually quite pleasantly enjoyed my four week Spanish program in BsAs with Mente Argentina. In short, Mente is a small team of young but energetic individuals who work their best to improve the program and to satisfy various needs. I certainly believe that everyone has a slightly different view after their stay in this city and their study, however, the most important thing is to set the right expectation and to enjoy and make the most out of this and/or any study abroad program.

Mente was closely engaged with my needs which included apartment location preference/change, short excursion time change due to my personal weekend trips to places like Iguazu Catalatas and Puerto Madryn which by the way were a lot of fun!! Mente helped me print out bus and flight boarding tickets upon my requests and reschedule the tours that I missed so that I was able to have a full calendar during my stay. Mente put me in touch with travel agency as well which offered great service for me to travel to Patagonia. I am very happy with my assigned apartment which is at plaza Italia, with a beautiful view and a few cool roomies. The airport pickup and dropoff were a sure bonus. Fr the Spanish course, I enjoyed the learning progress, the school and all the teachers, very pleasant experience whilst getting my Spanish improved by two levels in four weeks. A sure mission accomplished :)

I would recommend Mente to fellow students who are like-minded to explore the city of Buenos Aires and to travel around in Argentina.