Mente Argentina participants Mente Argentina participants

Mente Argentina: Medical/Public Health Intern, Buenos Aires

I got my fill of great experiences

Hola, my name is Michael. I came here from Colorado. I just finished college and Im about to start medical school. I came down here to do a little bit of clinical experience from a system that’s a bit different from the one in the U.S.A. and I overall learned a lot. I was able to do a lot. I did not expect it going here that there would be so much opportunity here. I got my fill of great experiences and I am happy I came. I think what I loved the most is that it was very flexible. I choose how many responsibility I had with the internship at the hospital. All the internships, including my own were very self led and I liked that about the vibe here. Have a great time in Buenos Aires.

I just finished my program at Mente Argentina which is kind of sad!

Hi I am Gautam, and I just finished my program at Mente Argentina which is kind of sad! I just wanted to let you know a little bit about my experience. I got here a month and a half ago and Mente was great at pairing me up with an internship at a hospital and introducing me to a second language. The work that I was involved was around pediatrics so I guess this is a great opportunity for people who want to learn about this before or after college in another country. I also took the Intensive Spanish Program which is amazing. From the first second you are learning the language. Taking all these classes in high school felt like nothing once I took classes here. I was never able to grasp Spanish and once you come to Buenos Aires you are able to. Mente takes care of the airport ride and back, the cell phone, all these little things that you don’t think of before planning a trip, they do! I also did a side trip to Mendoza, the wine county of Argentina and Mente was always on top of checking how I was doing. I know it’s scary to go to a different country on your own for the first time. It was great that there was someone who was guiding me along the way, telling me the things to do, the best places to eat, the safest way to shop.

It was a really good experience

Hi, Im Bayley from Denver, Colorado, I was a Mente intern for almost 5 months. I did a medical internship program. Mente helped me improve my Spanish a lot because I was working with people who only spoke Spanish, and that was one of the goals of my trip. I enjoyed being with Mente a lot, they exposed me to a lot of interesting things, like they take you to a lot of trips. We went to Tigre and went to a river trip there, we went to different shows like Fuerza Bruta and La Bomba del Tiempo, so it was nice to have all these extra activities and got to meet a lot of people through them. It was a really good experience.