Mente Argentina participants Mente Argentina participants

International Internship Programs by Mente Argentina

Mente was great at always being there for whatever you need

Hi my name is Shaun, and I come from Pennsylvania and I study finance and management. The program I did here was SageCorps. I applied and I was fortunate to get accepted and I was paired up with an internship at a technology start up. I was given a lot of tasks mainly with my field a lot involving finance and management but some others were helpful to broaden up my expertise such as marketing. Mente was great at always being there for whatever you need, for example, I didn’t know a word of Spanish! They were always helping and it never felt like they were doing a routine, they do take the time to accommodate your requests and they were always great at making sure you were having a good time. I did a side trip to Mendoza and I highly recommend traveling in Argentina and having Mente as your host.

Thanks Mente Argentina!

Hi, my name is Annie and I was here in Buenos Aires for a few months with Mente Argentina. I did an internship with a start up that offered marketing courses online. I took Spanish classes online, so aside from the internship and Spanish, I had the opportunity to do some dance classes and Mente also signed me up for some cooking classes. Other than the internship which was every day, I still managed to go to Iguazu Falls with Mente Argentina and I got to meet a lot of students from all over the world. Besides the internship and travelling, I did a bunch of tours of Recoleta, San Telmo and went to some events like Bomba del Tiempo and they were all for free through Mente. I had a home stay with an Argentine family so thanks Mente Argentina!

I know I will be back, thank you Mente!

Hi, my name is Jaqueline and I am from Austin Texas and I did the Internship Program through Mente Argentina. It was really accommodating and really nice, I didn’t know what to expect as this was my first experience going abroad in a foreign country, they really helped me organize my living accommodation, helped me set up my internship and interview and start me off with city tours during my first week here. They were always inviting and not only did I make a lot of friends but also the roommates that I had I got to connect with them even before arriving so that was really reassuring and as far as the internship goes, that was one of the best working experiences I had. The staff was great and that’s a really nice opportunity to put that on my resume. I know I will be back, thank you Mente!

Mente was really reliable and helpful

Hi, my name is Andrew, I was here with Mente Argentina for 6 weeks. 4 weeks were of Spanish study as I was kind of rusty and I wanted to get back to it, especially the real conversational, which is different than what you learned in college or high school. I also worked as an intern in a law firm, we did poverty right, management and marketing, some of my task including getting in contact with companies from around the world, sending out emails, translating documents from Spanish to English in a way that were marketable to get our name out there, the office was really nice and I got to practice the legal system in Spanish. All along the way, Mente was really reliable and helpful. Here there are a lot of great opportunities to do in Buenos Aires. I wished I knew more about the mate tradition, something I kind of discovered it on my first day here, it was bitter at first, but I bought my own mate and it’s such a cool tradition and culture.

It is something special

Hi, my name is Nathaniel and I just participated in the Mente Argentina’s internship program. I can say a couple of things about the program. I really think it’s a great opportunity for people to come to Argentina to have a blanket of people to be around and its frightening as it is an adjustment period, but Mente made it a second home. There a lots of activities like wine tastings, city tours, Spanglish events, meetup events. I would say if there was an activity to do in the city, you wouldn’t want to do it without Mente Argentina, it is something special, being part of this group was great. Buenos Aires is beautiful full of people, lots of hectic activities but you will manage around, so I guess I can say Buenos Aires me gusta mucho, y quiero volver.

I really can’t speak highly enough about the whole program

Hi, my name is Lizzie and I did the internship program with Mente in Buenos Aires. I really can’t speak highly enough about the whole program. It was great to come here and have already a set group of friends for you from all around the world and to have our apartment in such a nice area of Palermo. All the apartments are close but far enough that you can see different parts of the city every time you meet up with other Mente people. The activities they offer are so variant and happening all the time, you can choose which ones you want to do and it’s already included in the price so you don’t have to worry about a thing and you can always do what interest you the most, and if not, Buenos Aires has always something to do. Overall, it was a great experience in meeting all these new people.

I love the city!

Hi, Im Beren and I did the Internship Program with Mente Argentina. I intern at a company which was really cool and the people were so nice and great. I got to improve my Spanish and understand the accent so that was good! The accommodation was amazing, I was in a huge house in a great area with a lot of fun people. Mente was great at organizing trips and things like that like Bomba that was a god percussion show. I love the city! I recommend to go as many of the things to do in Buenos Aires, you won’t regret exploring the city as it is super amazing!

The experience was great

Hi, my name is Jimmy and I did an internship with Mente Argentina. They do a lot of activities and my internship was great, I learned a ton and my Spanish improved a lot. The experience was great.

The program has been great!

Hi my name is Katie, I did an internship through Mente Argentina and I really enjoyed my time here, so thank you the program’s been great!

It was such a very cool experience

Hi, my name is Matt and I'm from England, I did an internship here and it was such a very cool experience, people were so nice and such a relaxed environment, it improved my Spanish as well as it was non-stop to speak Spanish all the time.

It was fantastic

Hi, I’m Emmily from Boston, and I did the internship program through Mente and it was a photography internship. We did a lot of photography for commercial work but also very artistic work. I was able to help behind the scenes and work with computers and post production. It was really helpful for me as I learned a lot of Spanish as none of the people at the studio spoke English, so it really pushed me to try my hardest to speak Spanish and learn as much as possible and I loved the city, I learned so much while being here. I went to many different neighborhoods and tried all the food, it was an incredible cultural experience, I love Argentina. It was fantastic and I would totally come back, their food is amazing, I met a lot of locals that helped me with my Spanish as well and Mente also hosted a lot of great programs that connected you with locals and helped you to see the city in different ways, so I highly recommend it.

I know I am going to be back soon

Hi, my name is Christina from Colorado, and I came to do an internship for my university and I also did Tango courses. The best things about Mente Argentina are the connections they set you up with, because with Mente, I was able to go to a really get Tango Studio, I finished the requirements for my university and I got an awesome place to live. You also get VIP lists, gym memberships, things that would be impossible to do without some inside help. I fell in love with Buenos Aires, and I know I am going to be back soon.

Highly recommend

My name is Amanda, and I am from the U.S. I came to Argentina through Mente Argentina to do an internship program with a start up Tech Company for 6 weeks and it’s been so awesome that I can’t even put it into words, I learned so much and it was so much fun. And just the Mente Program in general, everything I had a stupid question, they were like “oh, no worry about it, here is all the information that you need to know, never hesitate if you need to contact us for something we are always here to help you”. They sponsored lots of fun things, like different shows, so it has definitely been a blast. Highly recommend.

I didn’t have to worry about a thing, zero stress

My name is Jacob and I am a student of the University of Michigan, and I was here with Mente working as an intern in a tech startup. I had a lot of fun and all due in part because of Mente, and all the activities they organized for us. Mente made it easy to focus on our jobs, and planning events for us during the week, such as playing football, having asado, Tango shows, and Fuerza Bruta, all of these are incredible experiences. I really recommend Mente for anyone wanting to come to Argentina as I had a great time and I didn’t have to worry about a thing, zero stress.

Hi, I am Mike from the University of Michigan – Ross School of Business. I was living here with other people from my program and that alone was a fun experience for me, as it was very cool. From Mente Argentina specifically, the tours and activities they put for us like Fuerza Bruta, playing Soccer with local Argentines, city tours about different areas, etc, all of them are very different experiences but at the same time very helpful to the full immersion of the culture and insightful for someone who really wanted to know the city inside and out. Mente Argentina helped providing me every single thing that I could ever imagine and it was a great experience.

Mente was awesome

I am Sean, student at Northwestern University. I came here with Mente to intern in a tech start up. Mente was awesome because they organized a whole lot of different events, from soccer to Fuerza Burta, and they even offered a gym, in which I worked out every day. All of these gave me not only a taste of Argentine culture but at the same time, have fun. Not only did I come here for work, but also to experience everything in Argentina and Mente helped me with that. Thanks for everything.

Buenos Aires is unique and wonderful!

Hi, my name is Hugh and I come from Australia. I just finished a 2 and half months with Mente Argentina doing the internship program and the Spanish courses. From the very first day, I liked everything, my apartment for example, it was a really great experience. The staff was always great at answering any questions or solving the issues that I had. I stayed in a shared apartment with three other people and they were really cool people from Belgium, Switzerland, and Spain. Mente Argentina had great activities for us, the people I meet through Mente later became my travel
buddies, we had an empanada class and it was so much fun. La Bomba del Tiempo was always great and the BA Pub Crawl was a blast. We did La Boca and Graffiti tours, and going to Teatro Colón was an experience on its own. I recommend Mente to anyone who wants to improve their Spanish or get recognition from an organization and have a blast overall. Buenos Aires is unique and wonderful!

I loved my time here and I already want to come back.

Hi, my name is Cynthia and I am from China, and I go to school at Northwestern University in the USA. I came to Buenos Aires to intern in a tech startup. I am really glad I got paired with Mente as they offered many awesome activities, for example, I got to play soccer for the first time. I was the goalie and it was so much fun. I loved my time here and I already want to come back.

I really loved my experience and I recommend it to everyone

Hi I am Jon from Northwestern University, I had a great experience here in Buenos Aires, I loved this great city, great food, great culture. I was working here for 8 weeks in a start up, and Mente made this experience way better. They made a lot of trips for us, a lot of activities that were awesome, like Fuerza Bruta... I really loved my experience and I recommend it to everyone.

I feel in love with the place

Hi, this is Thomas and I am from Chicago. I have been here for 8 weeks. Coming here was so much fun, all thanks to Mente... my favorite was everything to do with “The Argentine Experience”, the wine tasting and the empanada making class, Fuerza Bruta, La Boca tour and overall all the incredible things I wouldn’t expect to be able to experience, it was all worth it. I came here to make an internship and overall, I feel in love with the place. I had a great time.

I am really happy I got paired with them

Hi my name is Kathy, and I study at the University of Michigan and I came to Buenos Aires through Mente Argentina. Mente Argentina provided us with a lot of opportunities to do things in Buenos Aires that I wouldn’t have ever known existed, which is the Argentine Experience, going to see a Tango Show, going to Fuerza Bruta, all these things were really amazing and again, I wouldn’t have known them without Mente. In addition is was nice to have somebody to ask questions to whenever I didn’t know something and just get a quick answer and not have to worry whether Google was right or wrong, when we just had people who were living here for a while, so Mente was a great resource to have and I am really happy I got paired with them.

I couldn’t have asked for a better transition into Buenos Aires

Hi, my name is Dara and I am from California, United States. When I came to Argentina, I wanted to do it in a way that I could find a lot of good people, do cool things, and specially because I didn’t exactly know what to do, having a little help and having people that were close to our age helps us with everything, made it all so much better. I found exactly the program that was specific for me and I couldn’t have asked for a better transition into Buenos Aires.

My Mente experience here in Buenos Aires was great

Hey guys, my names is Giray and I am from Turkey but I go to University in Texas, United States. My Mente experience here in Buenos Aires was great. I stayed here for 2 months and through Mente I got to meet many different people and places. What I liked the most was how Mente Staff were always smiling and ready to help, and whenever I needed to ask something, thanks to Mente I felt like I a porteño in my two months here.

Overall a great experience

I am Danielle from Orlando, Florida, USA and I did an Internship Program in a setting of International Relations. I worked at an organization that worked with a lot of nongovernmental organizations to help with political development in Argentina. That was probably the highlight, because that was what I came here for and it was really great to do it through Mente Argentina. I think that sometimes is hard for people to know where to start, or how to get internships, especially abroad. Mente Argentina was great, I told them what I was looking for, and they found a great fit for me according to my interests. Buenos Aires is obviously an amazing city, especially for being in South America, it is very safe. People are great, the food is great, no complaints there! Overall a great experience, Mente helped me get adjusted and I didn’t have to worry about being in a foreign country by myself because they were there to help me in everything I needed

It was an amazing opportunity

At my internship I got valuable workforce experience. This was my second time in Buenos Aires,
and I felt like I regained knowledge, and especially my confidence. I traveled back to Argentina because the first time I was not ready to leave, I fell in love with Buenos Aires and its people. During my internship interview, my boss and I spoke English only, but the language barrier between me and my coworkers, made me want to understand Spanish. I rapidly started to be more confident and open with my work environment, as I wanted to help out as much as I could. I pressured me to the point that I wanted to know everything that was going on at my internship, and my coworkers were very patient and helpful. We had a great time, I will cherish the sense of friendliness we developed these past months. It was an amazing opportunity to work with them, they were always willing to work with you.