MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

Volunteer Adventure—2 weeks in Peru

Andean Immersion Program-Simply the Best

Three things went toward an amazing two week experience that was certainly too short. The support and hearts of all those at Maximo Nivel, the welcoming nature and constant humor of my host family and the countries beautiful landscape. Everything about my time there felt very pure. Volunteering in another country and on one's own can sometimes feel daunting but both the Maximo team and my host family always made me feel like a part of their community. With them, there was always constant support. When it was time to choose a program I wanted to choose the one that would provide me with the most authentic Peruvian experience and I think the Andean Immersion Program is the perfect option for anyone who is looking for just that. Every morning in the Sacred Valley village known as Umasbamba, began with an early rise for family breakfast quickly followed by the daily chore of bringing the sheep to pasture. I did everything from cutting feed to weaving and even shoveling manure and I did each of them with one of the biggest smiles on my face. Yes, helping others is a sure way to make me happy but it was more than that. Waking up each day and feeling a part of the family was more than I could have asked for. Rafealla was truly my Peruvian mama, Zenobio my Peruvian papa and Ruby my playful little sister. The village is made up of hardworking, loving and peaceful people and it was difficult when the time came to leave. It was the perfect opportunity to decompress and make wonderful human connections.

Volunteer Cusco, Peru

I cannot say enough about the amazing experience I had in Peru. It started out rough because I experienced altitude sickness, but the care I was shown by Maximo Nivel and the wonderful man who ran our home was amazing! I was able to see so many breath taking sites and meet so many amazing people. I volunteered with adolescent girls and they were an absolute joy! I would highly recommend this trip to anyone! I would love to be able to go back!!