MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL/TESOL Certification— in Costa Rica | Guatemala | Peru

Claudiaaaaa

Claudia was definitely the highlight of the course for me! She shines in the classroom and makes the course not only bearable, but tons of fun! The course can get a little difficult at times, but her availability and helpfulness definitely keeps you afloat! She is a great role model teacher to have- I know I certainly want to be a teacher like her.

Along with Claudia. the facilities and staff are all very helpful and supportive and readily available!

Great value for all that's included! I highly recommend this course!

TEFL is awesome!!

My TEFL experience was amazing in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. I enjoyed every minute of it. The location itself is beautiful and being able to go down to the beach after class was great! One of the best beaches in Costa Rica. The school overlooks the ocean and the institute itself is awesome. All the people that work there are very helpful and friendly. The TEFL trainer Audra Wooldridge was beyond amazing. She is very energetic and passionate about what she does and she makes every class very exciting. She is one of the best teachers I have ever had and I wish we had more than 4 weeks together. Get your TEFL certification through Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio!! You won't be disappointed, I promise! It is well worth the experience.

TEFL certification in Cusco, Peru

This program was awesome! I loved the community Maximo Nivel was able to create and it made studying in a foreign country so much better. There were so many good parts of this course, but the highlights were definitely the amazing instructor (Claudia), the practical teaching, and my awesome classmates! I highly recommend this program.

Maximo nivel TEFL course Cusco

I wasn’t expecting the high energy I experienced on this course when I signed up. I knew that it would be very intense, and it was, but the Maximo Nivel team were so supportive and encouraging, and I genuinely had so much fun with my teachers and my class. I don’t think I’ve ever taken such a high quality course, where every little detail is taken into account. The teaching style was excellent: clear, fun and really didactic, and there were a lot of opportunities to practice teaching. I definitely recommend taking the TEFL course with Maximo!

Maximo is GOLD

I had such an incredible experience with the TEFL program at Maximo Nivel. The International Office was so helpful with everything from my coursework to making sure I was settled and comfortable in my private apartment. My TEFL Instructor, Claudia, was so knowledgeable and pleasant. She made the whole experience so simple. Even though the coursework was heavy it did not feel so stressful because the entire staff was readily available for any questions or concerns. I bonded with my fellow teachers and I am so happy to have taken this course.

I 100% recommend doing your TEFL certification at Maximo Nivel

I have nothing but positive things to say about Maximo Nivel's TEFL program. Coming from a teaching background I did not expect to learn much. But Maximo went above and beyond all my expectations. I was impressed with their organization and the intensiveness of their course. Administrations was so informative and willing to help. The instructor, Claudia really knew her stuff and made the class super enjoyable.

I know I have a strong foundation and all the necessary EFL tools to be an effective English teacher because of Maximo. Due to their constant and thorough feedback I learned everything I needed to confidently start teaching English immediately. I feel so grateful to have gone through their TEFL program.

I 100% recommend doing your TEFL certification here if you are serious about teaching in a foreign country.

TEFL

In these past four weeks I have mastered more than I ever thought possible. I have learned such valuable skills that will definitively be put into use during my teaching career. My expectations of this course were more than exceeded, and surely gave me the necessary confidence and skills to teach English anywhere in the world! It still sounds a bit unreal to say this, but I am officially a teacher, something I never thought could be possible. All thanks to "Mamma Clau Clau" and Maximo Nivel.

I was really nervous starting out since I did not know what to expect of this course and how it could be possible to learn to teach English, with all its grammar and theory in four weeks time. Then I got introduced to the 4 critical ESL techniques which are basically the heart and soul of teaching English as a foreign language. These techniques were introduced to us by "Teacher Claudia" and frequently used and CCQd throughout the course.

The practical teaching part of our course started right away with a 20 minute mini lesson on Fridays. Just the thought of teaching had me terrified in the beginning but I quickly realized that teaching is actually fun and not something to be scared of, especially if you're prepared for you class. These mini lessons really helped me prepare myself for the practical teaching week. The feedback after the mini lesson was extremely helpful. I learned that it is "ok" to make mistakes in the beginning since they actually help you realize what your strengths and weaknesses are, plus areas that need improvement. Observing my classmates teach their mini lessons was extremely helpful as it allowed me to see different teaching techniques and styles plus how to deal with situations that could go wrong and teaching under pressure.( how they handle it)

I also observed five different teachers and five different class levels at Maximo Nivel on which I had to write observation critiques. This allowed me to see a variety of teaching styles, identify strengths and weaknesses and gain ideas for objectives, games and activities that I will be able to use in my future classes. "Teacher Claudia", without a doubt, the best teaching I observed throughout my course. The way she taught us to teach English is beyond amazing. Never had I thought I would be able to teach and just through observing her teach us, as well as the warm up teaching during our mini lessons left me inspired, with loads of new teaching techniques and ideas.

Have a pen and travel!

Just bring your open mind, a pen, and something to write on and you're set for a journey that is productively challenging, socially rejuvenating, and culturally exquisite. Keep record of all you do because it will carry you into future careers and travels.

Maximo Nivel - Cosi

This was the best experience! Our trainer was phenomenal and the staff was amazing! Everyone was so helpful! Always willing to help, friendly, positive, energetic, and simply a great environment! Definitely the best program! I would highly recommend it to anyone! Plus, you can't beat the view from campus :D

Awesome

This TEFL course was everything I was looking for and more--- challenging, rewarding, informative and provided the practical experience I was looking for. The instructor , Audra, was awesome and she will always be "Awesome. Audra" to me. High energy and always positive with a solid background of how to teach English immersion style, she always kept the "you can do this" attitude with her TEFL students.

Succeeded all expectations!

I took the TEFL course at Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. It definitely succeeded all my expectations. My TEFL teacher Clau was amazing, her energy and great support made the intensive month go much easier. Even though the course was quite intensive, her lessons were so much fun to learn that it encouraged me to do my best and achieved much more than what I expected. I ended up gaining so much confidence and techniques that I feel absolutely prepared to teach English anywhere in the world. Its amazing how much one can achieved in so little time if you put the effort to it, and if you are in the right place with professionals that prepared you to be the very best.
The training and support was above and beyond. I'm more than thankful for taking this course and for having the amazing teacher/trainer that I had. Thank you Mama Clau!

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." Neale Donald Walsch

I did not have clearly defined expectations for myself coming into the course as I do not have a teaching or academic language study back ground. I spoke with quite a few people about TEFL courses and did a lot of research on the internet so the one thing I did expect was that a four week course including a week of practical teaching would be far better training than an on-line course that I could complete in two weeks at home with zero practical teaching. My expectations were far exceeded by Maximo Nivel and especially Claudia Behnke. I was fortunate to have some very hard-working and caring teachers back in school but I never had a teacher who loved teaching like Claudia. She gave 110% all the time and never held back. There were what appeared to me to be a full spectrum of learners in our class with a much broader range of challenges that I would have anticipated. From an on-line learner coming in half way through to illnesses and other incidents that took people out of the course and required incredible flexibility on Claudia’s part. To be fair, the entire staff exceeded my expectations. They were friendly, warm and never hesitated to stop in the middle of their busy day to help with whatever we needed at the moment. This included the teachers we conducted our observations with. They were more than happy to speak with us and answer any question we had about their style and the level and character of their classes.

Energy!

If there is one thing that I really took from the course was the energy that my instructors brought. First, Audra came in and got us all started, and then we heard that the new teacher, Karen would be stepping in. I was nervous, but Karen was an amazing teacher with lots of positive energy and BIG LOVE for her students. I have friends who are considering taking the TEFL course, and I will certainly direct them to Maximo Nivel!
Thank you for a wonderful experience... I look forward to teaching!
Elena

Awesome TEFL course in Antigua

I am so glad I chose Maximo for my TEFL certification. My instructor, Audra, was an excellent teacher. She was so helpful, provided great constructive criticism and advice, and really just knew her stuff like the back of her hand. Antigua is also such a gorgeous town to study in with a wealth of wonderful cafes to study in with delicious coffee. The program was intensive but really fun. The staff at Maximo was also always friendly and helpful. I've already recommended it to friends back home who are also interested in taking a TEFL course.

TEFL(on)

Recently graduated from college and being your typical 20-somethings with no desire to enter into the daunting real world, a few of my best friends and I opted to become TEFL certified and fulfilling our life long dream to live (and work) abroad together. Honestly, we didn't look into what the course entailed AT ALL and were completely blown away by how intensive and educational it was. I think it's safe to say we all learned more about the English language-specifically grammar, within the 4 weeks of class then in our 23 years of life combined. I know you're probably asking how is this possible, how can one learn that much in such a small amount of time? Well, let me tell you, the entire staff at Maximo Nivel is why. They religiously go above and beyond to help the TEFL students out and make them feel right at home. I've always been a very average student, not necessarily good but by no means bad, however the TEFL instructors expected the best of us and constantly pushed everyone to do their absolute best. Not to mention they made the class engaging and fun, always holding our attention and keeping the stoke levels very high. If anyone is debating taking the class I would strongly recommend doing so. On top of being a great experience and having guaranteed job placement for the rest of my life, the Maximo team makes it clear they will always be there to help. Whether it has to do with TEFL or you just simply need some pearls of wisdom about life-they've got your back.

Keep calm and TELF on.

Amazing Course - Fantastic Instructors

The TEFL course at Maximo Nivel not only prepared me to be a teacher - but also gave me life skills I will forever carry with me. The staff was nothing but helpful and the training I received was one of the best experiences of my life. I had the greatest time and fully recommend this TEFL course to anyone!

Best of the best

I did the TEFL program in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica and absolutely fell in love with this
Program and everything about it. I learnt so much and actually wanted to learn!! I felt a part of cosi Maximo's community and was able to adapt really easily. I will highly recommend this experience. Very beneficial and fun!

Amazing TEFL Experience!

Love everything about this program. Highly recommend it! An amazing experience with great people. Met the best teacher I could have met and ready to be the best teacher I can be! Stressful at times but totally worth every minute

Amazing Experience

I came into the TEFL program as a teacher, and it challenged my teaching strategies right from the start. The class is intense but at the end you are better then when you began. I greatly appreciated the mini lessons and practical teaching, as it allowed me to grow the techniques that were being taught. I will admit at times I felt overwhelmed, but the staff is more then accommodating and are always available to help you. The instructor, Audra, was always bubbly and entertaining and taught the course using the techniques being taught. The ability to observe other teachers in action was also very helpful, as it allowed you to see the techniques in action as well as consequences of not using them in the classroom setting. I recommend this program for any level teacher. I also utilized the host family option and was very pleased with the accommodations and the family was more than welcoming. The location of Maximo was great for walking to various restaurants and staff at Maximo were always recommending places to visit or sites to see. Everyone is friendly, helpful and like a huge family. You won't regret giving it a try!!

Awesome course!

I decided to do this course on a whim, and it was the best choice ever! The 4 weeks course is intensive, but manageable. You begin to gain experience teaching a real class in your first week, which helps to build your confidence over the few short weeks of the course. I have never taught before, but now feel confident to stand in front of a class and teach them English.
Audra was a wonderful teacher, she offered us all support when we needed it and will do everything in her power to help you succeed.
We had a small group of 7 people, which I think was better as we had more 1-1 time with Audra and we all got to know one another.
If you are thinking about teaching and have never had any experience before, this is the course you want to do! It may not be the cheapest, but I believe it was worth every penny. As long as you pass the certification you stand a great chance of getting a job with Maximo Nivel, otherwise they provide lifetime job assistance, which to me is a great benefit. Go for it!

Well worth it!

I wasn't too sure what to think of the TEFL course before arriving in Antigua but the Maximo staff are welcoming and look after you very well. The course is tough and demanding but as long as you are prepared to work hard and want to do well, you will have no problems. My teacher, Audra, was so great...she has so much energy, is dedicated to her students and is hilarious. I highly recommend taking this course with Maximo Nivel as you are well looked after, you can meet all sorts of people and you are sure to have blast! It is well worth having the TEFL certification whether you are travelling or not.

It was awesome!

We just completed our TEFL training course for June/July. I really had no idea what to expect about the course. I had read online reviews of other courses and none of them seemed that great and didnt offer practical experience. Maximo has a wonderfully developed program and I have learned so much over these past 4 weeks. I truly feel confident to go out and teach English! Our teacher, Audra, was also fabulous. She made the class so fun; I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Our entire class (all 14 of us) got so close and we all just had a blast with each other. I recommend this class to any and everyone! There is so much to be learned and it is a wonderful experience!

• Academic Support

TEFL Certification in Paradise...

Obtaining my TEFL certificate in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was a life changing experience. If there is one thing that I will take with me after completing this program, it is the understanding that being a great teacher is one of the most challenging professions, which we often take for granted. Fortunately, I chose the right program to prepare me with the various skills and strategies required to teach ESL. Maximo Nivel and specifically my instructor, Karen Wilke, taught me about what it really means to nurture and foster learning, let alone acquiring a second language. As a global thinker who has been to University twice, I've often reflected on the ways that traditional classrooms are taught and whether I retained the information. There are only a handful of teachers/classes in my lifetime that could compare to this past month in Karen's class. She was constantly engaging and knew exactly how to adapt each class to suit each student's learning styles or our moods that day. There was never a time that the tools she taught were forgotten or hard to grasp, because she made learning fun. At the same time, she was constantly demonstrating to us exactly how to teach our own classes.

I will not lie, the program was intense, however, Karen is extremely compassionate and is the ideal teacher you want to model yourself after. I say that this program was a life changing experience because it changed my outlook on teaching and how I can impact the lives of my students. If you are planning to take a TEFL certification, do not even consider completing an online program. There is no way that an online course can prepare you to walk into a classroom and teach, especially if you have no experience like myself. This program gives you the opportunity to teach several classes and even teaches you how to set up your own private lessons (if that is what you are looking to do). This TEFL program was worth every cent and the administration, Barbara and Karen, were amazing as well and extremely accommodating. Overall, great people and great program with a great view! :)

TEFL goodness!

Anyone looking to do a TEFL course which is great fun and extremely rewarding should hit up Maximo Nivel! From the administration team to the absolutely incredible teacher to the classes you'll end up teaching at the end of the program, the course is incredibly fun whilst really preparing you for the world of teaching!
Really cannot say enough great things about this course at Maximo!

Demanding, Challenging, and Intense...But Worth Every Effort

The TEFL program at Maximo Nivel was one of the most professional courses I have ever taken (and that is a LOT of courses). I am 66 years old, have a bachelors degree and and MBA, and am a retired USAF Colonel. This course challenges you on all fronts...the TEFL process is somewhat foreign to a long-time instructor...and getting back into details of grammar was not easy. The course requires lots of reading, course participation, several detailed lesson plans, a grammar paper, and practical teaching. It is the practical teaching that culminates the course, where you get a chance to put to use all the techniques and skills you've been studying. When you can see the results first hand in the response of your students, it becomes clear how valuable the course is. I would recommend this course at Maximo Nivel to anyone contemplating teaching English abroad.