MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL Certification in Costa Rica—Teach in Latin America!

Blessed!

Hello everyone! I just completed the TEFL Certification course here at COSI in Manuel Antonio, and I could not have been more pleased and satisfied with the experience. It was pleasure and I have grown close with many of the employees here. The course and school itself exceeded my expectations and I can't express my gratitude for the amount of care, compassion, and effort put forth by everyone at the school! I would very strongly recommend it to anybody. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

(By the way, I am neither an employee nor was I bribed to write this, I simply love this place!)

Amazing experience!

I just completed my TEFL certification course in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica and I cannot say enough good things about the experience. This program went above and beyond in meeting my expectations. There is so much support and guidance within the program and it is organized extremely well. I can't imagine having a better experience than I have had with Maximo Nivel.

Audra!!!!

Dope experience all around!!! Audra was the woman!!! lol and everyone who had a hand in the experience was amazing as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! Manuel Antonio is the perfect spot to go for your tefl certificate if you want to have class with a wonderful view and even better vibes!

Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio

This is definitely a challenging course; Maximo Nivel delivers your money's worth. The course is well structured, the venue delightful and the staff is professional, warm and helpful. Their current TEFL instructor, Audra W., knows the material inside and out and is there to support and encourage you 24/7. I couldn't have asked for a better program or more qualified instructor!

TEFL certification in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

I took my TEFL course through Maximo-Nivel Costa Rica. This was one of the greatest experiences of my life! I met amazing people and Audra our trainer was so wonderful and taught us everything we needed to know to begin working as a TEFL teacher. Audra also assisted me in finding my current job in Antigua, Guatemala. I am so happy with my choice of Maximo-Nivel for my TEFL certification.

Best decision thus far

TEFL at COSI-Maximo Nivel is one of the best decisions I ever made. My trainer was phenomenal. She kept class up beat, fun and interesting. I never thought that I could learn so much in such a short time. My trainer and the staff's support was incredible. I felt like everything I needed regarding TEFL was just a question away. I give this course a Pass/Excellent and recommend it to any and everyone who is looking for personal/professional development while traveling!!

Excellent

I spent four weeks in Costa Rica taking the TEFL/TESOL certification program. My instructor, Audra, was focused, talented and motivating. The course was demanding but Audra presented and taught the program in a way that made it fun. She went above and beyond to insure her students left with the confidence and knowledge needed to be a successful teacher.

Life changing

Where to begin. This has been the most amazing four weeks. Costa Rica is one my favorite countries I've traveled to. It is beyond gorgeous and the humans I've met during the course are downright amazing. The course is intense. You learn so much information in such a short amount of time- but that's what makes it so amazing. I have absorbed an insane amount of knowledge in the last four weeks. Not to mention my instructor is one of my favorite humans I've met in a long time! She's full of energy and fun, and you will never be bored in class. 10/10 would recommend this course. Costa Rica is the dream location as well. You can't go wrong.

TEFL Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

I cannot say enough good stuff about the course. It is amazing to think how much I've learned in the past month. In only four weeks, you will transform into a real teacher with an understanding of ESL. The combination of classroom assignments, teaching practice with Costa Ricans, and teaching observations functions as excellent prep for a career of teaching. The instructor, Audra Wooldridge is incredible and really cares about her student's success. It is very clear that she wants us to reach our maximum potential and is willing to do anything to get us there. Aside from demonstrating excellent teaching every day, she knows the material inside out and ensures that her students feel knowledgeable and prepared. 10/10 would recommend. I cannot imagine a more helpful and life changing course or instructor.

TEFL/TESOL certification in Manuel Antonio

Máximo Nivel provides an incredibly comprehensive TEFL/TESOL certification course. The four-week course begins with a really thorough grounding in critical ESL techniques. TEFL trainer Audra Wooldridge is incredibly well-versed in ESL techniques and in the mechanics and details of English grammar. Furthermore, she is an incredible teacher. Not only does she bring massive amounts of energy to the TEFL certification course each day, but she is amazing at teaching English Language Learners. Doing class observations of Audra and other teachers at Máximo helps TEFL students to ground their book learning in a more real context.

Another great thing about Máximo's course is how much hands-on learning is required. Before week one ends, teaching has begun, and this is a huge asset. It is through teaching mini-lessons and practical teaching that the bulk of the learning is solidified and Máximo Nivel provides ample opportunity for this hands-on approach. Audra was consistently and constantly available to provide feedback and support at every step in the process-- from lesson planning, to teaching, and applying for jobs.

Study with a view!

I have absolutely loved my experience with Maximo Nivel! The course is well structured and the staff are awesome! The TEFL instructor, Audra is an extremely good teacher, she is a pool of knowledge and super supportive throughout the course. TEFL with Maximo Nivel is a good mix of teaching theory, grammar theory and hands on experience. The practical teaching week is a particularly valuable part of the TEFL course, the experience I gained during this week has left me feeling confident and excited to begin my career as an ESL teacher. As the course came to end I was offered a huge amount of support to look for a job, with the support of the Audra and the awesome reputation Maximo Nivel has earned, this has been a quick and painless process. While this is a busy month of study, my classmates and I still had plenty of opportunities to explore this beautiful part of the world in the weekends or after class. The beaches are beautiful and there is an abundance of tours to choose from if you're feeling adventurous!
Would definitely recommend Maximo Nivel to anybody wanting to gain an international qualification to travel with!

Great experience!

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I signed up for the TEFL course with Maximo Nivel. I am extremely pleased with the program and I feel that it was a great value and a great experience. The teacher, Audra Wooldridge, did a great job of keeping the material and classes engaging, and she managed to challenge us and set the bar high without being discouraging. I would not have wanted an "easy" class. I wanted to be challenged and to learn and grow, and I feel that this course helped me accomplish that. The combination of classroom experience, homework assignments, and practical teaching has given me the confidence to teach students who are at any stage of learning English. I especially appreciated the opportunity to teach Costa Rican students who live in the area. They were a lot of fun to teach, and I am glad that I was able to have a "real-world" teaching experience before applying for a job in Latin America.

What a trip!!

The TEFL Certificate program in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was an experience I will never forget. The teachers, students, and volunteers made me feel at home in a country far away from anything I knew. Audra Wooldridge was an inspiration to complete this heavy loaded course. Her encouragement and personality made me want to try my hardest in a course that had much more work than I anticipated. The city of Quepos/Manuel Antonio was such an amazing experience. Though the course is challenging, there is plenty of time to do tours, beach days, and the national park. Manuel Antonio will be somewhere that you will want to go back to for the rest of you life.

Structured and stress-free

I am an English teacher in the USA, and I learned a lot from this TEFL course that I can use back in my "real" job. I plan to use my knowledge from TEFL to assist my English Language Learners (ELL) develop important language skills to help them obtain employment and further their education. Maximo Nivel staff are all very supportive and friendly. The coffee is also really great! We have a beautiful view from the school, and I can't say enough about my positive experience here! I highly recommend this course for anyone with any level of teaching background wanting hands-on experience!

Fantastic experience

The TEFL certification course in Manuel Antonio is one of the best things I've ever done. There's a good amount of work, but it's totally worth while. By the end of the course I felt super comfortable in the classroom and I owe that to the wonderful instruction of our trainer, Audra. She's fantastic. What I think was the most helpful was the practical teaching experience. Being able to get real experience teaching real students was a great way to really see how much I'd grown as a teacher. It was awesome to put everything I learned into action, and to see the progress I'd made in a real classroom setting.

Overall, it was an incredible experience. Thanks Maximo!

I like turtles

After the initial shock of the humidity and not being in London I settled into the classroom being apprehensive as to what i got myself into. I had no experience teaching and wasn't quite sure how i would pull it off. That was until we got introduced to Audra our astonishing tefl trainer and the lovely team at Maximo Manuel Antonio. The course itself was intense and nerve racking but at the same fun fun and exciting. The place was well run and extremely organised and went by so fast it was a pleasure to be apart of. The students we taught were an amazing group of people and i loved every minute of it.

• Academic Support

Best decision of my life!

Traveled all the way from Belgium to Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica to get certified as a TEFL teacher. And it was totally worth it! Not only is this place amazing, going to school everyday was always a great pleasure! Audra Wooldridge, our TEFL teacher, is honestly the best teacher I could imagine. She had energy, she's passionate and she will do anything to make you feel comfortable. It's 4 weeks of hard work but you'll get an amazing reward at the end: experience and your TEFL certificate of course! I'm lucky to have made the decision to come over here and I'll do it again in a heartbeat! GET CERTIFIED IN ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES!!!!!!!

Loved this course

This course is tough and study intensive, granted it is only four weeks long to become a certified teacher, but you will be able to teach english to non-english speakers. This course prepares you for absolutely everything, it's fun, knowledgeable, and you get a lot of time up front in the classroom to find out the kind of teacher you are and what works for you. You will never get bored, the teacher is literally the most wonderful woman out there and they are super helpful with job searches. You will not be disappointed with this program and it will prepare you for teaching 100%.

The start to my journey

When I first came to Maximo Nivel I did not know what to expect. I was scared, nervous and very afraid of the course ahead of me. With the help of Audra the amazing TEFL teacher and the support of the entire Maximo Nivel team I passed and even got a job a week before graduating. The course is hard, it is a lot of dedication and work, but with the amazing team here in Manuel Antonio it felt like a breeze. My four weeks flew by and I am so happy to go work in the field of teaching. I would do it again in a heart beat. Plus I made amazing friends along the way. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in getting their TEFL certificate. Thank you again Maximo Nivel for all your help!

TEFL course, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

I did my TEFL course not long ago in Manuel Antonio and it was an incredible experience. My teacher was Audra and she couldn't have been a better Yoda. Her personality is incredible and her experience is above and beyond. She gave it her all everyday and we were all incredibly appreciative of her in every way. The program was fantastic and the location is unbeatable. 10 out of 10.
-Sethaniel

TEFL Certification in Manuel Antonio

I took the TEFL certification course in February/March this year - and before this course I never knew how much fun hard work could be! There was a lot to do, like assignments, papers, and preparing lessons, but it was always an awesome time. Thanks to our amazing teacher Audra, there was not one boring second and not one moment where I had to ask myself "what am I learning this for?". She taught us in exactly the same way she wanted us to teach, which was incredibly helpful. The whole team at COSI was simply adorable and did their best to help us wherever they could, whether it was class-related or just about booking the next exciting trip to explore the beautiful surroundings.
I can definitely recommend this program to everyone who's thinking about taking a TEFL certification course!

My TEFL experience in Manuel Antonio

I did the TEFL Certification course in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica with Maximo Nivel in March and April 2016.
We were a really nice group that went along perfectly. Our teacher Audra was passionate and always gave more than 100%.
Whenever I had a question, Audra and the other staff of Maximo were there and happy to help.
At times the course was quite intense, but in the end I was proud of myself for having achieved so much.
Practical Teaching week was great, too. It was a lot to prepare but in the end totally worth it, because the students were so nice and grateful to learn English.
I cannot name one negative thing about Maximo Nivel, everything was perfectly organized. It was also very nice of them to host a little party for us at the end of the course.
Manuel Antonio is a great place! Really hot, but you can enjoy the beaches and nice restaurants with pools on the weekends.
All in all I can really recommend taking the TEFL course with Maximo Nivel.
I would definitely go back to Manuel Antonio and do it again!!

Awesome TEFL

The TEFL course in Manuel Antonio was really a great experience, both professionally and personally. Lots of cool people, the staff is great and the instructor, Audra, is one bundle of energy and joy:-)
Can really recommend it!

TEFL/TESOL Certification Course, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Overall it was a great course. First of all the trainer is an incredible teacher. She really loves ESL and made 40+ hours a week very fun. Also, I learned a lot and feel very prepared to teach English on my own. I recommend this course to anyone looking to do a TEFL course.

Fantastic, life changing!

The TEFL course at Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was phenomenal! It was everything I wanted and more. Audra Wooldridge, the instructor, was outstanding. She is very passionate about what she does, and it shows. This, for me, really made the course so enjoyable and made me want to come to class everyday. The assistant trainer, Kevin Martinson was also fabulous and added a LOT of fun to the experience. The location is beautiful, during class we could gaze out the window to look at the ocean in distance, lounge in the hammock outside or attend a free Costa Rican style cooking class. After completing the course, I felt well prepared to take on teaching English as a second language. The wisdom imposed by our trainers, the content, and the practical teaching experience were invaluable to my time as a TEFLer. I know, when I begin teaching my own class (which is soon!) I will utilise the skills and knowledge to make a difference to the lives of my students. Thank you Maximo!