MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

Teaching English—Volunteer in Costa Rica!

Teaching English in Vuelo de Aguila

This was far and away the best experience of my entire life. Nothing will ever compare to this. The staff are all angels and do everything in their power to ensure a good experience for the volunteers. Travelling on the weekends is incredibly fun and the project itself is fulfilling and enjoyable.

My once in a life time experience

Great experience but initially a cultural shock. The Costa Rican people is a joy to know once you get past cultural and language barriers. The scenery is very like my home State of Hawaii, USA so is the climate.
My adult teaching program is great as I really think I am making a slight difference to the residents lives at the township. Overall my first week has been a great experience and for the remainder of my program of 5 weeks I am looking forward to more rewarding experinces.

Teaching English

Teaching the chicos has changed my life! It was a great experience being a part of everyday life in the big city of San Jose. Maximo Nivel coordinated a great family and good project for me to be a part of. The staff was very fun and always willing to help out in any way possible.

Teaching English in Costa Rica

My experience in Costa Rica was amazing. The other volunteers that I met all had different stories and came from different backgrounds and everyone was extremely friendly. Maximo Nivel was a great meet up spot for volunteers and very central. My host family was great and it made a huge difference having a host mom who took so much care in cooking us amazing meals and asking us about our days. She gave us advice before we would travel different places and was always up for an afternoon chat in her kitchen. She made sure we were all comfortable in her home and I loved staying there and hope to be able to go back one day. Teaching english at my location was also a great experience. I learned a lot about the schools in Costa Rica and enjoyed spending time with the kids every day. The hardest part was saying goodbye! Over all I truly enjoyed my time in Costa Rica and hope to go back some day.