MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

Medical Volunteers Needed—Work in Guatemala!

Dental project

I had the opportunity to volunteer with Dr. Angel Soto in San Lucas, Guatemala (just outside of Antigua). Dr. Soto was one of the nicest and most caring dentists I have ever encountered. Although I speak only broken Spanish, he made it so easy to to communicate. This hands-on experience is one I will never forget.

The best mission trip ever

By far the number one mission trip for students to learn and experience why it's important for us to volunteer with Maximo nivel. I have visited various countries volunteering on medical mission trips and my favorite by far was in Antigua Guatemala with Maximo Nivel! As a premed student and president of the American Medical Student Association, words can't describe the emotions and hard work that was put in effect with this company! Honestly can't wait till I save up more money to attend next year

Sumpango Clinic

I was a volunteer at the clinic in Sumpango for 6 weeks. I could go on for days about how wonderful my experience was. The staff in Sumpango were all so kind and welcoming and willing to introduce me to new things. The patients were all very appreciative of my help. My Spanish improved greatly throughout my time in Sumpango (I also took classes at Maximo during the 6 weeks). I was able to assist in medication administration, triage, observe appointments and a few child births as well! This experience taught me to approach new situations with a positive and confident attitude. And it proved to me that a sitting around and waiting for things or opportunities to come to you is not the way to go. Maximo Nivel and My field manager Jorge were so helpful during my time in Sumpango. I recommend you take advantage of this life changing experience if you are able!

Conducting Needs Assessment and Volunteering in Antigua, Guatemala

Maximo Nivel provided my engineering team with the resources to conduct needs assessment as well as volunteering in a meaningful way. Maximo Nivel provided excellent support in-country. The staff was friendly and was a great resource. Highly recommended.

Life changing

Maximo Nivel inspired me to leave my comfort zone and approach life with a "go-getter" attitude. By volunteering in different clinics and schools, I had the opportunity of meeting some of the most content and humble people, which led me to believe the a simple truth that money doesn't buy happiness, kindness does. Thank you Maximo Nivel- I hope I can come back again soon!
-Avraham

Medical campaign to Guatemala

This trip was amazing. I had the expectation that we would be passing out vitamins, talking to locals, and taking basic vitals. While we did do these things and while these things are still incredibly necessary, the trip to Guatemala was so much more than that. I had no idea how much I would see or be able to do. On day 1 of the campaign, we were thrown into a situation in a village where we were able to diagnose patients. I could not have ever imagined doing that during my educational career if it were not for this program. It was amazing and also sad. These patients were suffering so much and My group was only around for a week.

We also went to schools which was equally unbelievable. The kids at the schools would run up and hug me for no reason other than to be happy to see some stranger who has come to visit them. How fortunate am I to have experienced such happiness? Families and faculty were so thankful for the four hours a day that we provided in service and it was truly humbling to see.

If that weren't enough of an experience to express how amazing this trip was, there was also the sites. Antigua is gorgeous and the people there are so warm and friendly especially those individuals at Maximo Nivel. I felt right at home while working with them and I never wanted to leave that city after seeing how beautiful it was.

This trip went beyond expectations and I would recommend it to anyone in the medical field. There was plenty of opportunity to learn about medicine and also about the people there. Thank you IVHQ and Maximo Nivel for this chance to see a new part of the world, learn more about my passion, and help others in need!

Alotenango and San Lucas

I volunteered at both the Alotenango clinic and San Lucas clinics during my two month trip to Guatemala. I absolutely loved it! I'm going into my senior year undergrad and I got to see and do more things than I ever would at home! I learned so much and I am so unbelievably greatful I had the opportunity to work at these clinics! Maximo was awesome! They are honestly the nicest people ever and the programs they run are very well organized! Highly recommend this project!

Alotenango!

I had the opportunity to volunteer with two friends. It was a great experience. Met a lot of great people and got to know the community. The staff was kind, helpful and supportive. We would do it again!!!

Shadowing at San Antonio Free Clinic

The two doctors that I shadowed were extremely knowledgeable and kind. I was able to learn lots while also helping out. It was also very interesting getting to see a more rural part of Guatemala.