Magister South Africa Programs for Students and Volunteershttp://www.magister.co.za
Hercules Pillaar Road Stellenbosch Cape Town, Western Cape 7607 South Africa
South Africa: Cape Town (Kaapstad)
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year
2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad), 7-12 months (includes high school academic year abroad), 1-2 years, over 2 years
Typical Duration of Program
Welcome to Internships, Volunteering, Courses and life in South Africa with Cape Town as your base.
Are you looking for a challenging internship to enhance your resume or need to gain compulsory international work experience to finish your studies? Perhaps you would like to volunteer in South Africa, learn a new language or just want to experience the cosmopolitan lifestyle in Cape Town while gaining new skills through completing one of our courses? You don't need to spend a fortune to achieve this, even if you are on a tight budget we will help you to realize your dreams of a trip to South Africa.
As one of the most established and well known internship and volunteer organizations in Cape Town, Magister's main objective is geared towards the matching and placing of qualified International Students, Interns and Volunteers with dynamic Cape Town based companies and organisations.
With our wide network of contacts and range of skills we strive to ensure that your experience abroad remains an unforgettable one. While strengthening foreign ties between South Africa and other countries, Magister offers great value to their students and volunteers and invests in their personal development and education as well as their careers.
With your initial contact with Magister you will receive your first information via e-mail about South Africa, Cape Town and our general conditions.
Our services are explained and a detailed application procedure is given. If you would then like to proceed with an internship or volunteer placement with Magister and make use of our personalized service, you need to send us your complete application.
After we have evaluated your application, we will send you several offers of internship companies or volunteer organizations, and it is up to YOU to decide which one you prefer. After we have placed you, the internship or volunteer contract will be issued and sent to you with additional information.
Once you have received these documents you can proceed with booking your flight ticket and getting your documents in order for your visa.
In the meantime, Magister has started preparing for your stay in South Africa by booking your airport transfer, organizing accommodation according to your needs and budget, preparing your welcome package, as well as organizing transport if required.
An internship or volunteer position organized by Magister does not only mean placement and guidance with formalities, but also assistance and help in the Mother City. We try to do everything to make you feel 100% comfortable and with offices in Stellenbosch and Cape Town Central, we serve as your permanent contact partner during your stay in South Africa.
Join us for the adventure of a life time!!
- Interning and volunteering in top companies and NGOs in South Africa
- Interning and volunteering in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- We take care of all the necessary paperwork with your host company, organisation or institution
- We assist you with the visa formalities, insurance and flight bookings.
- We organize an accommodation for you that suits your needs and budget.
- We welcome you at the airport, take you to your accommodation and show you around.
- On arrival youll get an information folder about Cape Town including important phone numbers, tips and details plus a discount card for several backpackers, bars, restaurants and car hire.
- You will receive a local SIM-card for your cell phone from us.
- We accompany you on your first day of work and give you a friendly introduction to your new colleagues.
- We assist you with renting or purchasing a car.
- You will receive our weekly Newsletter.
- We organise weekly meetings and affordable and exciting monthly weekend trips for all Magisters and friends of Magister
- If you are interested in travelling we can get you large discounts with well known local tour operators.
- We are always available for you before, during, and after your stay.
According to your qualifications, interests and university requirements, Magister will ensure that we find a unique internship or volunteer experience that best fits your needs.
Magister's placement fees include the following:
1. Organization of a volunteer or internship position that specifically meets your needs with a signed contract from your host company or organization before your arrival in Cape Town
2. Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to your prearranged accommodation
3. Introduction and orientation into Cape Town
4. We supply you with a comprehensive information pack inclusive of a South African SIM-card and map
4. We accompany you on the first day of work and introduce you to your new colleagues
5. Guidance in using the public transport system
6. We send you our informative newsletter weekly via email on a Monday
7. Weekly regular Magister meetings and events
8. Organization of exciting monthly weekend adventure getaways and excursions
9. Support in the organization trips and tours, 10% discounts are given by many operators
10. Permanent contact partner and advisor, 24/7 emergency service
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
As one of the most established and well known intern and volunteer organizations in Cape Town, Magister's main objective is geared towards the matching and placing of qualified International students and volunteers with dynamic Cape Town based companies and organizations. Magister also caters for the needs of backpacker tourists and newly qualified entrants to the labor market. With our wide network of contacts and range of skills we strive to ensure that your experience abroad remains an unforgettable one. While strengthening foreign ties between South Africa and other countries, Magister offers great value to their students and invests in their personal development and education as well as their careers. By liaising regularly with the students and providing professional advice and individualized services, we aim to ensure the easy set-up, smooth running and successful conclusion of ventures. We encourage the students to get to know one another and establish relationships that will support them throughout their stay in South Africa.
I found the Magister Group through a friend of mine who was at that time already in Cape Town and advised me to contact them. During my whole stay in South Africa Magister really helped me with eve...More
I am absolutely contented with the Magister program. Everything was well organized and my internship was interesting and challenging. So I have no reservations in bestowing upon Magister any recomm...More
I found Magister and a SA internship by chance via internet, I didn't know at all this country and this city before (but I like adventure) and I was so surprised ! The best trip of my life (for now...More
Did you participate on a program with Magister South Africa Programs for Students and Volunteers?
Share your thoughts!