Magister South Africa Programs for Students and Volunteershttp://www.magister.co.za
Hercules Pillaar Road Stellenbosch Cape Town, Western Cape 7607 South Africa
South Africa: Cape Town (Kaapstad)
Throughout the year
This international company founded in 1999 does in store broadcasting in seven countries and in 14 languages. With more than 1 200 customers from categories as diverse as non-foods, foods, hardware, alcohol, municipal services, cellular services and many more, their analytical approach to the in-store broadcasting medium has made this company not only the largest, but also the most profitable in-store broadcaster in Africa for three years in a row.
As a Human Resources student there are always projects available for both internship requirements and thesis projects. Current projects that are available are as follows:
* Developing a training programme in line with the Skills Development Act and combining it to the performance management system of the company. It will be crucial to develop a training needs analysis tool in order to ensure that the training needs are addressed effectively.
* Design of a 360 degree Competency assessment and implementation thereof. The assessment will become a bi-annual event.
* Training provided in one of the top media companies in South Africa
* Interning in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
* We take care of all the necessary paperwork with your host company, organisation or institution
* We assist you with the visa formalities, insurance and flight bookings.
* We organize an accommodation for you that suits your needs and budget.
* We welcome you at the airport, take you to your accommodation and show you around.
* On arrival you'll get an information folder about Cape Town including important phone numbers, tips and details plus a discount card for several backpackers, bars, restaurants and car hire.
* You will receive a local SIM-card for your cell phone from us.
* We accompany you on your fist day of work and give you a friendly introduction to your new colleagues.
* We assist you with renting or purchasing a car.
* You will receive our weekly Newsletter.
* We organise weekly meetings and affordable and exciting monthly weekend trips for all 'Magisters' and friends of Magister
* If you are interested in travelling we can get you large discounts with well known local tour operators.
* We are always available for you before, during, and after your stay.
* Good written and spoken English
* You should preferably have experience in this field, and be studying towards a degree or Diploma in Human Resources
* Will need to be an energetic person with strong creative, communication and organisational skills.
* You will also need to be highly motivated and able to work as part of a dynamic team and contribute to present and future orientated projects.
As one of the most established and well known intern and volunteer organizations in Cape Town, Magister's main objective is geared towards the matching and placing of qualified International students and volunteers with dynamic Cape Town based companies and organizations. Magister also caters for the needs of backpacker tourists and newly qualified entrants to the labor market. With our wide network of contacts and range of skills we strive to ensure that your experience abroad remains an unforgettable one. While strengthening foreign ties between South Africa and other countries, Magister offers great value to their students and invests in their personal development and education as well as their careers. By liaising regularly with the students and providing professional advice and individualized services, we aim to ensure the easy set-up, smooth running and successful conclusion of ventures. We encourage the students to get to know one another and establish relationships that will support them throughout their stay in South Africa.
My intership was great! The internship itself and the leisure program organised by Magister is very exciting! No need to hesitate... South Africa such a beautiful country!More
Did you participate on a program with Magister South Africa Programs for Students and Volunteers?
Share your thoughts!