Environmental Excursions - Mabira Forest Camp
The Mabira Forest Camp, also known as Griffin Falls Camp, is located on the edge of a trail system in the stunning Mabira Forest. After a lovely walk through a rain forest, you set your eyes on the breathtakingly beautiful Griffin Falls. Hiking up the trail for another hour will take you to the Namusa Hill where you can spend the night or just go for a longer hike.
The Griffin Falls Camp, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), aims to improve the welfare and livelihoods of the local communities through development and environmental conservation. The earnings from the camp are funnelled back to community projects like Education, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS positive living groups, and tree planting.
1. Take part in a myriad of activities, including bird watching, Mangabey tracking, forest walks, among others.
2. Enjoy a hike along a stunning train in a pristine rain forest.
3. Receive environmental education.
4. Feel positive about where your money goes, with all the camp’s profits funnelled into sustainable development projects.
5. Experience the beautiful country of Uganda.
- Eco Tours
This Program is open to