Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Youth Drop-In Center Program in Albania

It’s been super fun

It’s been a month already! It’s been super fun, some challenging moments, but that only enhanced my experience. The staff and children at the centre were lovely and made me feel at home in their workplace. They definitely love cake! So if you’re bored during an evening, theres a idea for you. I hope you have a really great time here in Tirana. I left a couple of notes at the project with advise/things I picked up during my time. Have fun!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Hi Hannah,

What a great idea to make cake for the locals in Tirana!

Great to hear that you relished the challenges of volunteering abroad and used them to your benefit - that's what we love to see in our volunteers!

Thanks for leaving this testimonial and the notes at the project to help future volunteers.

All the best for the future. The Team @ Love Volunteers

I’ve had so much fun here

I had such a great time here in Tirana volunteering at the community centre with the students and staff! The students were great! Very respectful and loved to play, paint, and learn english! They also loved teaching me Shqip, I can’t believe my eight weeks are already over. I’ve had so much fun here. While you’re here explore Tirana and other cities near and far. Beat, Kruje, and Durres are great for day trips. If you ever have a long weekend go down to the beach in Saran. The water is beautiful. Also the surrounding countries are nice if you have a long weekend. As for Tirana the block is a cool area to hang out, shop and eat. I have friends from home that live in the block, if you ever want some cool people to hang out with let me know and I can connect you!

My favourite restaurant in Tirana is The Stephen (Stefen) Centre. They have everything you didn’t think you could find in Tirana, like pancakes and other comfort foods! I hope you enjoy your time in Albania! It’s definitely an experience! Let me know if I can be of any help.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Wow, what an amazing review! So helpful to future volunteers and it shows that you fully immersed yourself into the Albanian culture and way of life.
    The children and local staff must have absolutely loved having someone with your enthusiasm and passion for life working with them.
    Thanks for being a fantastic volunteer and we hope to see you back again in the future.
    The Team @ Love Volunteers