Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Working with Children/Community Development in Bolivia

An unforgettable experience

From the outset and throughout I was impressed with how professional and supportive Love Volunteers and their local team in Bosnia were, even going so far as to provide me with language lessons. My experience with the other volunteers was equally positive. They immediately included me into their team and I was inspired by their passion and enthusiasm. The highlight however was the children who attended this program. They were all so eager to learn about my culture and graciously shared their own with me. I have never meet such smart, kind, accepting children and it is thanks to them that I will always remember my volunteer experience.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 01, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Dear Alee,

Thanks for taking the time to share this great review of the wonderful program in Bosnia. It's super helpful for other volunteers to see an account first hand from someone who's just been.

Of course we knew you were having a ball from our communications while you were there :-)

Thanks for being an awesome volunteer, the program director loved having you there and you were a huge help with the children and for the local team in general.

We wish you all the very best for your future endeavours and we hope that you will have the opportunity to volunteer with us again sometime in the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Bolivia with Love Volunteers.

They are a fantastic organization; so welcoming, professional, and they really care for their volunteers and the children they work with.

During my time there, I worked with the local staff to improve their volunteer program, fundraising and other operations. Although I was office based, I still got out to the two sites in which the project works in and ran a few projects and taught the children how to play Frisbee. Before leaving, I could already see what positive difference I have made with how the local team works with volunteers, and it will continue to get better and better!

Since being in Bolivia with Love Volunteers and working with their local team, I have seen how much it has improved in just a short space of time. The local team are one of the most organized NGOs working in Cochabamba and they know how to get international volunteering “right” and put their volunteers where they are most useful.

If you are thinking about volunteering in Bolivia, I would say do it! Whatever your interests and your passions, there are projects for you to get involved with and make a real impact. The team are open to new ideas and would welcome you with open arms. You won’t forget it!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Hi Jo,

Thanks so much for this wonderful review and advice to future volunteers.

It's fantastic to hear the high praise you give our local partner and so encouraging to see that work is progressing and things are really changing for the local community in Cochabamba as a result of Love Volunteers such as yourself.

Thanks again for being an awesome volunteer and we would love to have you join us again in the future.

All the very best, The Team @ Love Volunteers

I felt I made a big difference

I am very grateful for having worked with Love Volunteers in Bolivia. Their local team is small, which enables you as a volunteer to contribute with many new ideas. The children were so happy to see us every day, and the program offers them a nice place to just be children. By caring for each of them, this project offers them a place to have fun, learn and most importantly feel safe. Personally I felt I made a big difference, and would recommend this project to anyone.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of volunteering in Bolivia.

It's great to hear you relished coming up with your own ideas of what to do with the kids - I bet they had a ball!

Allowing the children to have fun, learn and feel safe is what it's all about - so thanks for helping us to achieve this goal.

All the best for the future.
    The Team @ Love Volunteers